Infinium

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
Bailey Jordan

Infinium

Post by Bailey Jordan »

AND aNOTHER THING
anyway so as some of you guys might know, when i was yknow, dead, this app got downloaded on my PMD that was supposed to help me like... be better in combat and stuff so i dont die so easy next time, and it was called Infinium
so i was afraid to use those resources for a while, since i didnt know what the repercussions were and everything (still dont know anything about that, will keep you guys posted)
but i met with the dude that heads the Infinium department at Med R and even though he was kinda a smug dick (sorry for the lang) he brought up some good points and some new info about myself i didnt even know
so apparently i have this like, super flexible dna or smth?? at least, just a particular strand of it
he's hoping to be able to copy and paste that dna into the dna of others in order to allow them to be able to be genetically enhanced too, like how i can be now apparently
he told me he could even make it so i know how to play piano
im one of 5 in thousands of people from terranfall that have died and have been scanned that have this flexible dna strand
he also wants to work on scanning Spooky's dna too, but he's gotta take that to the lab bc it shorted out his PMD's scanner when he tried at Beacon
eugene wasn't too ready to have himself messed with
so ig expect more genetically modified humans???
kenneth_wright

Re: Infinium

Post by kenneth_wright »

Not a fan of this guy's ethics and methodology. If we determine Med-R is on the up-and-up (gonna be a difficult thing given their Beeman hive and penchant for using explosive tracking beacons), I would still hesitate to allow anyone the ability to scan, modify, and/or replicate me or any part of me for some hidden agenda.
Eugene Tyler, TAC Engineer and Lead Tech Researcher, Sekret, Terranfall
Master of Tetujin Tech, Beacon, The Gardens
Medical Professional Resident, Beacon, The Gardens
Graduate of the Lore of Subtle Weapons
Expert Arcane Philosopher
Bailey Jordan

Post by Bailey Jordan »

and you're completely in the right for that, but at this point, like...
... they already have my data, so there's nothing i can do to make that any better at this point
plus, if they can make me a better fighter, why not?
Tommy Kauffman

Post by Tommy Kauffman »

Just my 2 cents in this one, but be sure it's worth the risk. Ain't no such thing as free power, no strings attached. Specially not when it comes from someone else, or they wouldn't need you to be a test subject.

You might be a better fighter but lose your will. Or friend from for targeting. Just make sure you've thought it through. It's usually harder to undo than say no and catch up on your own slowly.
Duo - detective from the city
Bailey Jordan

Post by Bailey Jordan »

i know there's gonna be a drawback at some point, something something balances, but until i know what the drawbacks are, i'm gonna do this thing
Christine Reagan

Post by Christine Reagan »

Good evening Janet,

Pursuit of power is a worthwhile goal that takes many forms. I am happy to lend my aid where I can.

In joy,
Blushing Swan
Student of Ash Badger
Practitioner of White Maiden's Quill style
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Posts from before Jan 2018
Eurydice

(She/Her)
Beasley

Post by Beasley »

Janet,

Two words: DO IT.
M0r+
Member of the Cabal Æon:1105
Student of Master Moonlight Tiger
Jade Water Priest
Posts before Jan 2018:

Fergus "Gus" Callaghan
Detective Inspector
Gunsmith
Bailey Jordan

Post by Bailey Jordan »

thanks guys... still gonna be cautious tho. i don't like how the dude was talking to me like he knew me
Bailey Jordan

Post by Bailey Jordan »

hey bumping this back up! because people need context on who that dude w the space helmet that came in this past gather was
his name's malcolm maxamilion or however he fuckin spells it idgaf
anyway he's an asshole and has a fun time just. fuckin w me.
not salty, but next time? try to help me out and not let him just fuck w me. change the subject or smth. idk.
oh, and he's probably gonna do some shit to me in the future bc i had to agree to work w him so they'd help in the herald shit. so uh. yeah
Cas_McCormack

Post by Cas_McCormack »

How about we DON’T let Med-R become the new Overlords? Look, the more they know about our genetics,the more power they can potentially wield over us. The second we start letting them actively play with our DNA, we’re gonna start seeing them gaining a lot more bioweaponry and shit, and we Terranfall types are never going to have a fighting chance against them again.

Same shit happened in the cities. People go “poof” and everyone is magically better cared for so long as we never resist.
Lia Richards
Artifact & Materials Acquisition
Sekret, Terranfall