Infinium

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
kenneth_wright

Re: Infinium

Post by kenneth_wright »

I'm going to try and be discrete about it, but if I find out I can make his readout manifest some sort of gassy butt, it is going to be really hard to keep my digging secretive.
Eugene Tyler, TAC Engineer and Lead Tech Researcher, Sekret, Terranfall
Master of Tetujin Tech, Beacon, The Gardens
Medical Professional Resident, Beacon, The Gardens
Graduate of the Lore of Subtle Weapons
Expert Arcane Philosopher
Bailey Jordan

Post by Bailey Jordan »

ig
just be careful
Bailey Jordan

Post by Bailey Jordan »

hey so. off to fuckin... work w this guy for next month and a half.
not that i fuckin want to.
anyway
ill try to check in every now n then, but ive got a hot date in june and i aint about to miss that, so dont worry too much
not that anyone should be
even tho he's gonna be doin random-ass experiments on me and doin who knows what
like i said in The List (written and directed by Gloria), ill give you guys an update if im still alive after everything
Sarah Crawford

Post by Sarah Crawford »

FOOR the record, this woulda happened if he hadn't even walked into town at all because we had already decided to have Janet be the focus of the freestyle to drain the paradox from Kendrick and we didn't know it would piggyback on the nanites.. No amount of subject changing woulda stopped ittt....
Spooky 'Mantha
Bailey Jordan

Post by Bailey Jordan »

nah nah
i mean im still mad about that
but im more mad i was voluntold i was doin this so they'd take the refugees for the war
but it's w/e now
Bailey Jordan

Post by Bailey Jordan »

so hey everyone! just a quick update, taking a breather after running away from some robots (thanks, eug)
when i got to the med-r place, they hooked me up to some tubes and flashed some pics in front of me (i didnt really even get to see what they were)
then i was told to go fight things
so im still alive! for now
ill report back to em after i fight things, which... wont be long, probably
eugene you should prolly update everyone on the info u got too
kenneth_wright

Post by kenneth_wright »

So Infinium uses the routine Paradox system checks to collect data from the host, and it sends and receives data using encrypted signals. There's no way to decrypt the messages without having access to a Med-R control console or decryption key, so I can't see what data it is sending, nor can I encode a command back to it either to direct the program or remove it.
Bailey Jordan

Post by Bailey Jordan »

so ive been working for infinium for some time now, and nothing bad’s happened
so ig there’s not really anything to worry about
but ill keep my eye out for stuff still
Abby Peterson

Post by Abby Peterson »

Cross reference to this data

I saw what she said above and went to ask her privately if she means it. I helped look into what's going on with Janet and she cleared it with me to just let you all know. The only parts I'll skip or be vague on are where it's not my or Eugene or Janet's secret to tell and I don't deem it essential for everyone in town to know.
It's not good and will require keeping an eye on her and not being obvious psychos - playing along until we can act, but also keeping an eye on Janet.
If their monitoring of her gives away the game early, then we're past that point, because she was sitting next to me as we discussed the results below with her. It seems to only monitor her vitals and some of esoteric shit, not act as audio or video recording, so we're likely okay. She's coping with the new knowledge, but we need to stay on this.

I had a sense of a vision while we were studying her; they can generally be very symbolic, but this one gave me the feeling of watching a scene actually happening in the past or future. Janet confirmed some of the details that she knows, so I'm prone to accept this as a real event.
  • When Janet goes off to be studied, she's generally sat down at a chair and told to watch a screen. She is hooked up to a bunch of tubes in her, which act as topical anesthetic. She doesn't recall anything unusual, except usually getting bored around this point and falling asleep or having a memory lapse.
  • What actually happens is that the 'screen' is the portal to a controlled opening of a Tear (you know, like the big one in the side of the building where the Paradox creatures came out?). A tentacle with eyes reached out and began reaching into/onto Janet's head/brain. Her eyes turned black.
  • No physical changes are taking place, but she is experiencing increased anger and nausea, and this tech/process seems to be similar in method to the Terranfall re-education systems and tech. No additional worlds are involved (we checked, MCP folks) in this. The Infinium app is being used to monitor her.
  • Janet is being changed into something. Signs can't confirm if it'll be good or bad for her {the phrase Psychic Cop was thrown around, which is a real thing, which I have run across lately in my own crime studies), but what we do know is that there was no frickin' *informed* consent. They are rewiring her brain based on a single "I Agree" button that she pressed during an "I'm Dead" moment.
  • She may exhibit aggressive behavior towards us in the future and we should be ready to subdue her ass should she do so.

Janet, I know you're going back there and that's your call, now that you're actually aware of this shit now. I know Eugene is trying to get the info needed to remove Infinium.
What do you actually want to happen, Janet? And keep in mind (which we've discussed), that'll only count for so much because they've already programmed your brain to a certain degree, making you an unreliable source of data.

As a complete side note - people can and do actually walk fully into those Paradox Realm tears in reality. That's...that's nuts.
Last edited by Abby Peterson on Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
kenneth_wright

Post by kenneth_wright »

Further note before discussion can heat up in light of these new facts: Very few of us actually know where Med-R is. When I worked there, they had me put on a blindfold to and from the facility, and Janet confirmed privately they do the same for her. Med-R's facility and admins have the technology and capability to set up undetectable (read: un-scryable) fields of protection, both for their main facility and for branch facilities and safe houses, so trying to spy on Janet during the Infinium tests would be like trying to shave in front of a completely steam-covered mirror. The process I'm going through right now to try and correct the problem is going to take some time to complete. Please be patient as we work on this problem.