Question: Why were the traps set; by whom;how were they set unseen?
- Animal tracks were found coming into town from the direction of the village of Gilded Prosperity. It is most likely they had shoe specially made to mimic animal tracks. It would take an Adventurer with an advanced sense of their surroundings to follow the trail.
- Following the trail will likely result in ambush behavior by the owners of the tracks
- The traps are all of a chemical means - the makers are very talented in chemical studies (inference because of this next note)
- There was a residue I found all over the surfaces of the town on Saturday morning (and Sunday morning too, but that was not true at the time of the investigation) that suggested that a chemical effect was created as a mist or aerosolized formula as a triggerable and controlled hallucination or visual alteration. When the item or trigger event occurs, then the chemical creates a specific altered visual (and perhaps auditory) perception. (Inference: the assassins moved invisibly through town by this means).
- The message intended was an intimate threat to Blushing Swan and Moonlight Tiger - "we know where you are and we can get you".
- It is likely not the only such event that will occur, but they are more likely to turn to a physical attack
- This is likely retaliation for the kidnapping of Waning Wolf (mild digression: an Unbound who began to behave as though he were once more Bound, but to a different focus [I have adopted the colloquialism of Chained due to an unusual alteration of binding] and was taken from the village of Golden Prosperity where he was living as an potato farmer of low skill and taken back to the care of his master Cerulean Spirits until his condition can be corrected)
- This attack is from the residents themselves of the town and not under orders of a leader or higher conspiracy. They see the taking of Waning Wolf as kidnapping of one of their own and as reacting as we might should one of our people be taken.
- Other crimes related to this (aside from the kidnapping) is a general sense of anti-vagrancy for UnBound in the village of Gilded Prosperity. They are not unwelcome, but should go about their business and go away.
- There may be a Diplomatic resolution to this, though until this situation is resolved, traps, ambushes and direct attacks are likely to occur. Though their great expertise is in chemicals, it does not appear as if this group is prone to poisoning, given the vast amount of food available that would be consumed by the town that was not utilized in any of their attacks.
2nd hand report by Moonlight Tiger when I questioned about status of how the UnBound may have become Bound again:
- Weaver spirits can become spirits of chaos because they cannot cope with plugging the hole in the Tapestry (Gloria: I assume a weaving of Fate reference?) caused by an UnBound. They will try to do so with natural events, such as plague or landslide, etc.
- The "Chained" have been written back into the story either with or without their permission.
- There may be Bound who have also been altered into Chained, but that is unproven. (Gloria: Gilded Prosperity may not be aware of Waning Wolf's condition of non-consent to his state and simply view an attack made by UnBound upon a Bound.)
- Who is making them? Possibly a Weaver spirit working with another force.