Monster targeting Fair Folk

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
Kelly Kuban

Monster targeting Fair Folk

Postby Kelly Kuban » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:23 pm

Hoi chummers!

This is kinda heavy so I'm going to do my best to lay it out there. I'm sure I missed some shit, so feel free to chime in below with more info. I was grabbed to join a rescue mission cause I can break chains, and we needed to help someone. Cool! Who doesn't like this kinda feel good job?
Anywho we rush in when we here some terrifying screams, I beeline to this poor woman chained to a bench and quietly weeping, while the others cover me. After a quick look over I snap the chains and start to try and pull her out, she is a mess, that scream was her Ace, top chummer, her companion that was being torn apart and put into little jars! By now this trog of a thing hears us, I drag her outside and back to town as the rest cover us. She is screaming the whole time about how we should leave her, and we can't save them. SCREW THAT DREK! I don't know but I just kept telling her that we got her, and I got her back to Beacon and of course we all got out safely, cause were fucking skilled Pros!

So that was the crying blue skirt in Tavern. Wren and I talked to her more to get info and this monster thing is just ripping apart Folk into jars. They don't know what it is, other then it's strong, tough and we are not tall enough to ride that ride, YET!

So all of this is to ask if we can get some more information on this thing, and ideally kill it! What ever it did to Oma's (I might be misremebering her name, I'm the worst with names) BFF made it so she couldn't be brought to life too! So yeah I got 20P I can offer right now to folks who can research this thing, and I want in on the extermination mission! I mean this should be a no-brainer since we all have Fairy Folk buds in town, and there is no reason to think it won't also be after ours as well as others.

Stay safe runners!
Celeste
-Celeste
Member of the Cabal Æon:1105
Dylan Coffey

Re: Monster targeting Fair Folk

Postby Dylan Coffey » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:52 pm

Good evening,

This creature was capable of multiple consecutive mortal strikes, as well as tossing clusters of magic with a single motion. However, I believe that a concerted effort and appropriate strategy will be sufficient to defeat it. I hope this information is of assistance to whosoever takes on the task of looking into this creature.
????

posts from before November 2019
---
Moonlight Tiger
Grandmaster of the Five-Element Supreme Sword Skill
First Disciple of the Void Moon Reflection Style
Student of the Mt. Infinity School
Clay Road Wanderer
Christine Reagan

Postby Christine Reagan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:26 pm

I have nothing to offer tactically, but I suggest someone spread the word to other Fair Folk if they have not done so already. Perhaps a message to radio.....performers? Plays? I'm unsure of the terminology. I may have some time to do so between gaini g alliances against the Herald but I think someone with more time would be more effective.

Also, this may go without saying, but when we find this corruption I will help burn it to cinders and raze to the ground any family or trace it has left on this world.
Blushing Swan
Student of Ash Badger
Practitioner of White Maiden's Quill style
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Posts from before Jan 2018
Eurydice

(She/Her)
kenneth_wright

Postby kenneth_wright » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:28 pm

Do we know what method was used in the attempt to revive Oma's friend? That might lend a clue in researching this creature's magical or spiritual capabilities.
Eugene Tyler, TAC Engineer and Lead Tech Researcher, Sekret, Terranfall
Master of Tetujin Tech, Beacon, The Gardens
Medical Professional Resident, Beacon, The Gardens
Graduate of the Lore of Subtle Weapons
Expert Arcane Philosopher
Alice Dodd

Postby Alice Dodd » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:29 pm

It was Tayet-Re Magic, yeah?
Kelly Kuban

Postby Kelly Kuban » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:46 pm

Trevor Dodd wrote:It was Tayet-Re Magic, yeah?

Yup! The spell went off, but nothing happened. I don't think anyone had time to look into that as it was before feast and lots of folks were prepping for Harold.
-Celeste
Member of the Cabal Æon:1105
Abby Peterson

Postby Abby Peterson » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:28 pm

The first night, there was a cloud of bats that flew through the place and exploded when we hit them, turning into a sort of dust that made us feel very weird. It was everywhere - we breathed it, we swallowed it.

Short answer: The Ogre (or whatever it is) sent them to cover us in fairy dust made from ground up Fair Folk so his hunting hounds could smell us out. That's what happened when he came to town shortly afterwards to knock the crap out of us. It came to attack us because we came into its place and took its Fair Folk, that Aura Dale girl.

As it was "killed" we heard a scream and one of the bones on his necklace startled bleeding; that was the consumption and loss of one of the Fair Folk souls. It stopped him dying, and might have even healed him up. I was out of the fight by then. It was enough to get the asshole's attention that he needed to prep better for us. So he left, and looks to have every intention on actually doubling down. He'll hunt twice as many Fair Folk now, to get ready to face us again, and we'll see him again in the next season or two. 6 months, tops.

We can't just knock him down and take the necklace off of him. It'd have to be stolen or some other method found to depower it. No one knows what is happening with the souls in that thing. He can clearly use their bodies to make the bats and maybe other things/spells.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
Christine Reagan

Postby Christine Reagan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:25 pm

Good afternoon,

So all are aware, Fair Folk are still rumored to be going missing in this area as well.

In joy,
Blushing Swan
Student of Ash Badger
Practitioner of White Maiden's Quill style
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Posts from before Jan 2018
Eurydice

(She/Her)
Abby Peterson

Postby Abby Peterson » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:08 am

The Ogre is due back next gather, likely. Given how bad he worked us over last time, we need to be informed and careful.

• Tavar has a Shillelagh (kind of like my Ugly Stick) that Ren can use as a subtle weapon. It can break the magic necklace full of Fair Folk souls that the Ogre is using to regenerate. It will explode into a harmful area damage effect when the necklace is destroyed. The weapon must be used by a Fair Folk. A Subtle Weapon user can use it better and if the user has the ability to Weild Artifacts, that ability is in effect. (We may not have anyone who fits all of the criteria, so Fair Folk + Subtle = Ren seems to be where we're aiming).
  • Convincing other Fair Folk will be hard, given the ruthlessness and brutality of the Ogre.
  • The Ogre can magically ward basic weapon strikes - though blows with the Shillelagh may be able to bypass this
  • The Ogre has no weakness, and the necklace must be destroyed before it can be killed or it will regenerate
  • Any Adventure can assist in guiding him to a better battlefield, or to help prep our battlefield
  • Once the necklace is broken, the Fair Folk souls that are still intact will be free. A song of Virtuoso level could guide those souls
  • The souls of the necklace may pass on, but a few may be able to be brought back afterwards
  • Diplomacy cannot be used on the Ogre
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
kenneth_wright

Postby kenneth_wright » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:32 am

While this was outside our field of investigation, it would be my suggestion to have a Phalanx Formation up around the user of the Shillelagh made up of at least two shield users, Ren, and a Smith; given that Sir Dane and Sir Raven both are skilled with shields and are also Fair Folk, I would recommend one of them for the shield wall should Ren fall in combat and need to be substituted in. While any Smith will do, I would also recommend the new guy Sorin for the formation, given that he is also a skilled shield user and can rotate in should one of the shield users need reprieve. This formation would also help box in the Ogre so that he would focus the user of the Shillelagh but be unable to land any solid blows on others. If no other healers are tapped for this, I can stand nearby to assist the wounded; my TAC defense protocol can redirect the damage from one of the Ogre's strikes to me and reduce it to nearly nothing, and I can provide some covering fire and swift recovery of Vitality among those directly in the conflict. Alternatively, Malia may be a good choice, as her magicks can get someone grievously wounded back up in fighting spirit in seconds with enough ferocity to match or surpass the Ogre.

Note that the above is a recommendation, not a direct call for action or me volunteering people for these roles, and a tactician with more battle experience may be able to come up with a better plan.
Eugene Tyler, TAC Engineer and Lead Tech Researcher, Sekret, Terranfall
Master of Tetujin Tech, Beacon, The Gardens
Medical Professional Resident, Beacon, The Gardens
Graduate of the Lore of Subtle Weapons
Expert Arcane Philosopher

Return to “In-Play Forum (IP)”