A Rumor: The Herald's Forces Resurrected

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
Abby Peterson

A Rumor: The Herald's Forces Resurrected

Postby Abby Peterson » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:26 am

Okay, so I'm going to preface this with a disclaimer.
This investigation was based on a rumor. Which means at least a portion (too large a portion for my taste) is based on conjecture and behavioral profiles with the assumption that the information Malia received was not 5th-hand and already mutilated beyond usefulness. I will always look into the things that concern us, but be aware that it's not a first-hand report (you saw it with your own eyes), then it's susceptible or data corruption or dangerous leading/bias.
The rumor I was provided was:
Malia's contact told her that bodies are being collected by figures in red from the front lines of confrontations with The Herald and taken to the back lines again, likely for resurrection as another undead member of The Hearald's forces. Malia personally believed this to be the work of The Crimson Coterie and wanted it looked into.

What I was able to provide, after studying it was:

The behavior explained in the incident does not appear to follow any regular military structure, and so would be a teritary or third party ally of The Herald.
They would have to be powerful enough to walk across the front lines with no concern of the fighting around them in order to collect the bodies.
It is entirely possible that yes, the bodies taken could being returned to The Herald's forces fast enough to go back into battle immediately. If that is the case, then The Herald's forces would swell as any battle continued on for time, due entirely to the fallen opposition being able to return to the field and increase his ranks. It's simple attrition.
Between the level of evil bastard that the profile implies for this part, yes, the culprits could be the Crimson Coterie, but we stopped investigating at that point because I'm not comfortable builing any more onto a foundation that weak.

Something to be looked into for better reports of or signs of in our own encounters.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
Johanna

Re: A Rumor: The Herald's Forces Resurrected

Postby Johanna » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:58 pm

we should handle this the wraithwall way... burn the bodies.
Abby Peterson

Re: A Rumor: The Herald's Forces Resurrected

Postby Abby Peterson » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:06 pm

Makes sense, but given our attachment to our dead (something the Herald's forces don't share), it might be hard to convince any allies to just let us torch anyone found on the front lines. If town wants to make that plan for anyone we can't bring back, I'm thinking that that's a separate discussion.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire

Return to “In-Play Forum (IP)”