Duo and The Metaphysical Nature of The Garden

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
Abby Peterson

Duo and The Metaphysical Nature of The Garden

Postby Abby Peterson » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:03 am

All joking aside, Duo, we've all come here through various means and I know what my own research suggested, but you were sounding like our home worlds are like lens over this place - a photographer changing his lenses and seeing different images for every new lens while the camera pointed at the same scene.

Deep breath, get your notes in order and talk to us - what did you find?
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
Tommy Kauffman

Re: Duo and The Metaphysical Nature of The Garden

Postby Tommy Kauffman » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:44 am

Thanks for asking - I'm gonna put a major qualifier on this - a huge part of this research line i have completed is a true understanding in my soul of what I know and see as truth. I can guide the best I can for someone else, but know i'm trying to define a fundamental truth that I know:

Let's start with the basics:

1: What is the Garden - Everything - absolutely everything. It's a bit much, but all magic, all things we can physically interact with, including ourselves.
2: What about the worlds we come from? - They are different aspects of the garden, or different lenses on a camera, they reflect differently. It might be why sometimes you will see very similar looking people, or people of who seem to be the same from a different world.
3: What is this world then? - This is the center that all things are reflecting. This is the big tree that all things are a part of a cycle.
4: What the Garden isn't - Alive, sentient, alien, thinking creature. It is an ecosystem that we live in and that we are a part of. Including when we die, we are rebirthing in the cycle in some way.
5: So if the garden is everything, like you keep saying Duo, then what isn't the garden? The Blight that we have encountered is antithetical to the garden itself, and therefore us. It is why when the blight exists the garden tries to stamp it out. Though the true mystery of what the blight is and where it come from is it's own mystery that requires even more research.
6: If everything is the Garden, can we use these connections to do things and effect different areas of the garden or particular people? Personal speculation - I believe that's what Cosmic powers are and why they do what they do. This is also a research topic if anyone wants to tackle that.

Everyone feel free to ask more important questions or pieces that I am missing.
Duo - detective from the city
kenneth_wright

Postby kenneth_wright » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:15 pm

So the energy beneath us, that the Tetujin used to power their giant artifacts and structures, is the same pool of energy our Powers and worlds are crafted from?
Additionally, Blight appears when that energy is redirected; does that mean Blight is the absence of this world's energy, or that this world's energy acts as a barrier against Blight invading and spreading?
Eugene Tyler, TAC Engineer and Lead Tech Researcher, Sekret, Terranfall
Master of Tetujin Tech, Beacon, The Gardens
Medical Professional Resident, Beacon, The Gardens
Graduate of the Lore of Subtle Weapons
Expert Arcane Philosopher
Tommy Kauffman

Postby Tommy Kauffman » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:30 pm

Eugene, come next gather let's sit and think together with one other and clarify everything that I understand then report back here with those answers.
Duo - detective from the city

Return to “In-Play Forum (IP)”