the huntress.

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
Emir

Re: the huntress.

Postby Emir » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:51 pm

Lady Janet, Sir Kaiser,

Need we kill the Huntress? Is it not possible to restore some of her sanity? If not only because she can be an ally but also because it would help her.

If such is not possible, I can understand wanting to put her to rest. Such an existence must be terribly painful.

With peace,
Last edited by Emir on Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anna S

Postby Anna S » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:20 pm

I'm not a psychologist but she seems both really crazy and really pained.

I'd be curious as to the "why" of the Huntress if she wasn't so capable of killing us so thoroughly. Maybe someone can look into that?
Bailey Jordan

Postby Bailey Jordan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:43 pm

hahaha!!
yeah she’s fucking dead
i dont give a FUCK about her having some kinda sanity
fuck that shit
she killed the entire caravan i was working with
she’s been tracking me and tavar
this shit has got to stop
you dont have to be the one to do the killing if you dont want to i guess
but i am gonna fucking make sure she pays for everything she’s done
Tommy Kauffman

Postby Tommy Kauffman » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:34 pm

So on the garden research people had a vision and she was involved in some fashion. Maybe able to travel in strange ways. I don't know why. She seems to be part of our connection. That requires research though.
Duo - detective from the city
Abby Peterson

The Huntress

Postby Abby Peterson » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:01 pm

This Investigation was run by others, Brecht included, and the results told to me. I expect to be corrected if I am inaccurate in my notes.

This was based on a vision:
The Huntress was part of a tribe across the Garden, and seeing them together caused a feeling of unity and working as a community. The worried about trying to defeat powerful beings of death, destruction and war. They performed a ritual to give The Huntress all of their power, leaving her alone to face this. The worst Beast, *the size of the sky with 100 legs", was put inside her to contain. She killed all of the smaller ones. When she absorbed the worst one, there was a huge light, blotting out all vision and when it cleared, the land was decimated; all but a single sapling.
A party also found her and she began to speak lucidly to Brecht, "Beath, Decay and Choas are coming. The Old Ones are coming. Flee."

• This all took place in the Garden.
  • The sapling remaining isn't what mattered, except to show that rebirth is possible. They sacrificed their lives and the life of their home.
  • This is not "The Blight" from the shambling mounds, but a different force.
  • The Huntress went crazy after absorbing the Beast.
  • The ritual to help empower her could be repeated.
  • If she feels threatened, she responds ferally. She reacts negatively to those she considers stronger or weaker than herself (predator/prey).
  • A ritual would also be possible to make her lucid. This is not without its own dangers, as even if she's lucid, there is a terrible evil thing inside of her. She manages it as best as she can.
  • Brecht had a feeling of connection to her people (he thinks it's related to his augments) - this is tied up in (real talk, no giggling) the whole "We are all the Garden" thing. Her people/tribe was connected to all of the Garden.
  • The miasma from the first year with the blighted animals in the cloud is not connected to this.
  • We can prepare to the East against whatever she is warning us about, by making our allies that live there ready.
  • The black tentacles force that helped form the Herald (from those who were there for that memory) are not involved.
  • We can't plan too much on the fight for what's coming from The east because we don't know enough.
  • The tribe behaved with unity similar to pack tactics or the way Rebublic forces fight together.
  • The closest similarity to her more choas-driven, seeker of destruction side is the Demon Princes
  • The spear is the Huntress's personal weapon, maybe linking her to lightening (it is not made of a known material).
  • There were absolutely others of this people, outside of the tribe. This was a global scale event from the past.
  • Duo had a vision once of a woman made of waves who was another of this type of people, if not of the same tribe.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
Emir

Postby Emir » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:38 pm

Lady Gloria,

Thank you for your research. As I go to some of the others in the area to warn them of the threat to the east, this knowledge will be invaluable.

We are certain these Old Ones are the things coming from the east, correct?
kenneth_wright

Postby kenneth_wright » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:29 pm

The circumstances of the past in that vision most closely match Spooky's dive into the Long Past of Tetujin society, where the monuments like the Lighthouse stood among a blasted and barren wasteland. I know we stated this is not the same as the life-draining Blight caused by overtaxing Tetujin technology, but could this be from the same era?
Eugene Tyler, TAC Engineer and Lead Tech Researcher, Sekret, Terranfall
Master of Tetujin Tech, Beacon, The Gardens
Medical Professional Resident, Beacon, The Gardens
Graduate of the Lore of Subtle Weapons
Expert Arcane Philosopher
Abby Peterson

Postby Abby Peterson » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:57 pm

Emir wrote:We are certain these Old Ones are the things coming from the east, correct?

It takes a lot for me to be certain, and visions tend to be starting places, not real data. The stuff to the East has been elusive to study or divination, so I'm going to answer that as a No, we are not certain, but it is a possibility and keep your eyes open for anything that might say yes or no on that option.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
Abby Peterson

Postby Abby Peterson » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:58 pm

kenneth_wright wrote:The circumstances of the past in that vision most closely match Spooky's dive into the Long Past of Tetujin society, where the monuments like the Lighthouse stood among a blasted and barren wasteland. I know we stated this is not the same as the life-draining Blight caused by overtaxing Tetujin technology, but could this be from the same era?

Same as I told Emir - we didn't check that and visions are hard starting places for firm data. Can't confirm your timeline at this time, but let's keep it in mind for future study.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
Sarah Crawford

Postby Sarah Crawford » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:12 pm

Eugene

The investigation I was part of on the mass vision actually confirms that suspicion (kudos for good detail memory)

No idea if it's the same timeline or if this has happened more than once but the statues of ash that were revealed during the earthquake or wormquake or whatever was most def connected.
Spooky 'Mantha

Return to “In-Play Forum (IP)”