- The Insectoids are large insects that have been historically involved in conflicts with the Republic. They are capable of draining powers, prowess, and vitality from living creatures, as well as feeding on energy from facilities that use technological or magical power sources.
- The Insectoids that attacked us have a bit of modification done to them that makes them deadlier and smarter than their typical counterparts, but nowhere as deadly or as intelligent as the Big Boi leading them.
- These Insectoids most likely originated from the abandoned Republic research facility a few of us were tasked to investigate; at least, that's where the Big Boi came from.
- It is most likely that these Insectoids are part of the same brood, meaning there might be a nest and/or a queen(s) nearby (or the Big Boi is producing them, unclear if that is speculation or discovered fact).
- The Big Boi is bigger, badder, smarter, and far more powerful than his broodmates/broodlings. Not 100% confirmed, but his growth, intellect, and power is most likely the result of genetic manipulation and artificial augmentation.
- The Big Boi has a durable carapace tough enough to endure at least a hundred swings before collapsing, and it can regenerate by draining energy from living creatures and/or artificial sources (thus why it was jumping on an exposed power box on the Lighthouse).
- The Big Boi also has the power to project an aura of draining effects when cornered or surrounded, giving it more options to regenerate and weaken opposition before fleeing or slaughtering those nearby.
- As a note, the power output of the Lighthouse power box is strong enough to instantly kill and ash a person who comes in direct contact with the power mains, and these creatures (especially the Big Boi) not only endured that level of power, but also became much MORE powerful to fight against immediately afterward.
- When scanning additional information sources via Situational Analysis Scanner (scan level 8), I got a good look at the Big Boi's mental processes; there is a level of sapient intelligence that is incomprehensible to the most current model of human intelligence Chro has loaded, which resulted in me getting a lot of background "Incompatibility" errors, but there was an overwhelming sense of Hunger driving the Big Boi to act. If it cannot be sated with tapping the Leyline of Powers underneath the Lighthouse, I have no idea how much power would be needed to sate its appetite, if it can be sated at all.
Not sure if we shared some/all the information about finding the Big Boi in the research facility; I will defer to Gloria's notes once she gets settled back in her office.