Jimmy's Exploding Eyeball

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
Abby Peterson

Jimmy's Exploding Eyeball

Postby Abby Peterson » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:03 pm

Coming back from the Limelight, Jimmy started to feel a lot of pressure in his eye, then eventually pain. Folks raced on ahead of me to get him back to town and a healer, but they didn't make it there by the sound of it. There was a yell of pain from Jimmy, then a whole lot more yelling, most of it alarmed and disgusted. Something, a half creature, exploded out of Jimmy's eyeball and rushed off into the night.
Witness reports it as "green goooy thing with a humanoid torso and arms and head, nothing below the waist, entrails made of hands with guns where the hands would be. It walks with its hands." It ran away erratically and at insane speeds.
This data is from Eugene and Kaiser.

• Yes, this happened because of the stuff Jimmy and Musk had injected into their eyeball - (Gloria's information from Notepad #2, Absorbium. "The injection was not science into Jimmy's head. Nothing else was "put in". It's all magic. But now he's an academic. Absorbium, a person imbibes it, it is generally processed through digestion, it absorbs a part of their aura, then they expel it and it can be injected into another person." - no maker is listed in my old materials. Can someone confirm if this was Med-R or not?) - Kaiser updated below - MCP Corp stuff, from AAAA/Quad A/A4.
  • Yes, this means it might happen to Musk. Wherever the hell Musk is.
  • The eyeball exploded because the Absorbium was never removed.
  • The being is crazy fast and connected to guns, because that is the qualities it picked up from Jimmy.
  • It's also erratic (possibly another absorbed trait; chaotic actions) and so it's path is very difficult to track.
  • We can't catch it, so the best bet is that it will need to be ambushed and fought, or caught and given back to the freaking scientists to deal with.
  • The new eyeball grew back and was sharp-eyed as hell for a couple days, but it was not built of the same cellular structure as his other eye - instead built with small hexagon patterns to perfectly mimic an eye - MCP magi-science (for those new to this place, MagiCity Prime has a very old magic that someone once upon a time lied to and told it that it was Science. It bought the lie and now truly believes it is science and tries to science as hard as it fuckin' can... and then stuff like this happens).
  • We have sent a note to Aubergine, just in case this little monstrosity also goes to visit her.
Last edited by Abby Peterson on Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
kenneth_wright

Re: Jimmy's Exploding Eyeball

Postby kenneth_wright » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:17 pm

As a note, the being is experiencing oxidation pains, as it had never experienced open air and contamination, so if you see it and it's still screaming as it runs (or crawls in this case), be careful. It may act hostile at random while in this state.
Eugene Tyler, TAC Engineer and Lead Tech Researcher, Sekret, Terranfall
Master of Tetujin Tech, Beacon, The Gardens
Medical Professional Resident, Beacon, The Gardens
Graduate of the Lore of Subtle Weapons
Expert Arcane Philosopher
Anna S

Postby Anna S » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:23 pm

This is MCP Corp stuff, from AAAA/Quad A/A4

It is not Med R. I think I have more notes, I'll check
Anna S

Postby Anna S » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:33 pm

To give a description: A green goooy thing with a humanoid torso and arms and head, nothing below the waist, entrails made of hands with guns where the hands would be. It walks with its hands.

This is done by a scientist from AAAA/Quad A/A4

There is no tech and it's not made with tech. No tech involved.

It is from the Gift, not Med R.
Abby Peterson

Postby Abby Peterson » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:54 pm

Thank you Kaiser. I updated the notes up top.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
Sean Harley

Postby Sean Harley » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:43 pm

Not that we needs MORE projects but did this ever get fully resovled?
Nick D'Angelo
C.A.R.E. Founder and CEO, CPA
Abby Peterson

Postby Abby Peterson » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:05 pm

Not at all. That thing is definitely still loose.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
kenneth_wright

Postby kenneth_wright » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:15 pm

Maybe it'll run headlong I to the Endings.
Eugene Tyler, TAC Engineer and Lead Tech Researcher, Sekret, Terranfall
Master of Tetujin Tech, Beacon, The Gardens
Medical Professional Resident, Beacon, The Gardens
Graduate of the Lore of Subtle Weapons
Expert Arcane Philosopher

Return to “In-Play Forum (IP)”