nikita

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
Bailey Jordan

nikita

Postby Bailey Jordan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:44 am

so i thought id get this info out too while im at it before i get back to med-r
a lot of you probably dont know her really, but youd recognize her if you saw her (she's beautiful, great clothes, one eye, republic augments, great smile... etc)
but she's been suffering p bad recently, over the past 6-8 months
she's been having seizures 2-3 times a day, and she's been in incredible pain
her augments are also all fucked up and really need to be fixed
she's also constantly at a paradox level 5 (but paradox doesnt affect her like it does me or eugene, so she's fine for now, but it isnt helping the damage she has)
i know a lot of you are already set on what youre doing for now, but i just thought id say what's goin on with this
she's done a lot to help me, personally, and she's
a really great friend.
she has 6 months to live. (supposedly. we're gonna fix her, though, so she's going to live way past 6 months, im gonna make damn well sure of it)
if you think you can help with stuff, just lmk i guess
we have a couple people looking into helping her out, but anything helps
thanks in advance
kenneth_wright

Re: nikita

Postby kenneth_wright » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:44 am

I was one of the doctors present to work on her when she came by. Her seizures are being caused by electrical faults in her Augments, which may or may not be connected with her state of Paradox. I could not bleed off the Paradox without risking her catching Infinium, as all the TAC users at the gather were loaded with it. And even with my expertise in Artificing, she would need an Augment Surgeon specifically to help with the reconnections of her Augments. Right now, she's doped up on a cocktail of healing and combat alchemicals that very well might cause her to make a fatal error walking the Gardens, and the cocktail we made would only last her through a weekend before she would have to return to self-medicating. This all assumes that her heart doesn't stop beating while she's asleep, or she drops suddenly due to the stimulants keeping her heart beating robbing her of needed sleep.

Nikita is/was a Republic Military contractor, and I assume her Augments are all legal upgrades from her time working with them. If someone(s) could reach out to the Republic and rush the paperwork to dispatch an Augment Surgeon to help her, that would be most helpful. I know I had already asked a few people for this help, but I figured the more hands we have working this, the faster the wheels of Republic response would turn.

Amelia, can I assume Ravenhurst would be made available to assist with Nikita's treatment, should the Augment Surgeon arrive at Beacon while we are gathered?
Eugene Tyler, TAC Engineer and Lead Tech Researcher, Sekret, Terranfall
Master of Tetujin Tech, Beacon, The Gardens
Medical Professional Resident, Beacon, The Gardens
Graduate of the Lore of Subtle Weapons
Expert Arcane Philosopher
Sean Harley

Postby Sean Harley » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:29 am

Do you have a specific hospital, medical group, or other specific organization that would be good to contact for this? I can attempt to contact someone and that will get better results than a "To whom it may concern" dropped off at the border. I wish I had known this was needed or I would have asked the Belmont group if they had anyone to send while they were here.

Also, doesn't the Republic provide free medical care? Why can't she just go to an actual doctor in the Republic?

Are there any other factors that would complicate this? Is she "on bad terms" with anyone that would be able to provide her aid?

Also, do we have a way to fix the paradox, otherwise the problem just immediately come back? Why is she at Paradox 5? The doctor will want to know and it is important to disclose information for medical providers since they put him, her, and anyone else around in danger, as well as complicating the surgery from my understanding. Especially if anything we do to mitigate it, causes it to re-occur while she is under the knife.
Nick D'Angelo
C.A.R.E. Founder and CEO, CPA
kenneth_wright

Postby kenneth_wright » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:20 pm

In order:

We will need someone trained as a legal Augment Surgeon, so best bet is to contact a Republic field office and see if they can dispatch one of their trained field surgeons. It would be a faster bet than trying to get someone directly from the Republic Capital.

I don't know what her status is with the Republic and why she couldn't go back to them for treatment, and I'm not going to ask.

I don't have tabs on her enemies, and she hasn't mentioned anything to me about people she's on bad terms with.

Her PMD has some special characteristics caused by injury and adaptation which has the fortunate (?) side effect of preventing externalized Paradox. She has been reluctant to allow anyone else to examine her PMD, but fortunately it is possible to bleed Paradox off of her once we get her under for corrective surgery. Even if it means installing Infinium, I can assist in the procedure to act as the bleed off for the Paradox and test the PMD's function to ensure it is fully repaired and operating properly.

Sorry I can't give more info on this. Janet, do you know anything that can help?
Sean Harley

Postby Sean Harley » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:10 pm

Thank you for the information Eugene.

If the Republic is her only treatment option then her list of enemies is hopefully irrelevant (unless it is someone inside the Republic) I just need assurance that nothing would prevent a republic doctor from legally treating her and I'll see if I can get someone. She is willing to accept treatment (as well as infinium infection barring any other possible options) from the Republic right?
Nick D'Angelo
kenneth_wright

Postby kenneth_wright » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:18 pm

At this point, I really don't think she has a choice, as it's between surviving and dying. As for assurances, I can't 100% give that, but a Republic surgeon would be a safer bet than trying to find a back alley surgeon.
Bailey Jordan

Postby Bailey Jordan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:18 pm

i dont think it’s a “you fucked up so we hate you now” kinda thing, so she should be fine if a technician goes to see her
or meet her, rather
i doubt theyd be able to find her unless she wanted to be found
but as for the paradox, i suggested she bleed it off to a tech cultist or smth instead of one of us bc she hella doesnt want infinium
and i dont fucking blame her
but anyway, if you could send word out to them thatd be really rad of you
i can pay you for your time, too
as well as amelia and evonya, who are also looking into this for me
Sean Harley

Postby Sean Harley » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:33 pm

Noted, I'll send the letter.

Payment isn't necessary but feel free to donate to C.A.R.E. if you like.

But I'm gonna kick the can back to you two. If I find someone, you need to both get Nikita here and find a way to address her paradox, if it needs to be lowered, before the surgery.
Nick D'Angelo
Bailey Jordan

Postby Bailey Jordan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:41 pm

she’ll be here next gather
we have a, uh...
we’re going to gabby’s
anyway we’ll handle the paradox
Anna S

Postby Anna S » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:45 pm

Date is the word you're looking for Janet

If sitting on a picnic blanket that got all stepped on as we were fighting was a date, going to dinner is also a date.

Return to “In-Play Forum (IP)”