Scorch's Statement

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
Abby Peterson

Scorch's Statement

Postby Abby Peterson » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:27 pm

Scorch came into town and was sent over to me. He told a tale and I'm no storyteller, which is probably for the best.
It is his perspective of events regarding SEED and the bombing, which is what was asked of him.
It can be investigated and may be in the future, as witness statements need backup, but most of this case is very gray and involved too many innocents and uninvolved parties for any clear answers. Foggy ones at best.

I have the very plain events of his account written and will list them here without further commentary.

-----------------
Five years ago, the Republic finally was settled after 10 years of creating space and stability.

SEED existed during that time, but only an unauthorized splinter of them killed and bombed.

Sergion Talis was sent north with Argo Squad into "the Wilds" (North of Psion City/Republic territory).

Ebonheart's Element 406 experiment up north went wrong and Spark was the only survivor.

Talis collected a group of refugees from The Wilds and sent a report back that she was returning with the refugees (these became the town of Wyldhaven).

Argo Squad and Spark's group headed back south and were met with a "B-class threat" (god-level being).

There was a celebration about winning that battle upon getting home - soon after that Scorch and Black Squad get orders from high up to go and kill the Argo Squad as traitors.

Black Squad kills Argo in an explosion but Talis escaped. She ran for Wyldhaven and Scorch followed.

Scorch had a crisis of faith and realized he was killing his own people, allowing Talis to leave.

Talis takes over SEED and begins moderating their more chaotic elements, giving them focus.

The Colonial Authority Council was bombed by SEED for their corrupt actions.

Ebonheart was injured in this bombing and Wyldhaven scattered, the residents leaving the area.

Ebonheart moved to arrest everyone and Tarthun, the leader of Black Squad, died after stabbing Scorch as a traitor.

The Republic withdrew their borders back north (they used to hold the Crossroad region) after the government recovered and consolidated.

Most of the corrupt elements were killed in the bombing and Ebonheart helped guide history and perception to show them as martyrs.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
Frankie Wakefield

Re: Scorch's Statement

Postby Frankie Wakefield » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:50 pm

Ebonheart covered it up. No wonder I kept hitting a brick wall. Goddammit.

god

damn

it

Cmdr. Thundergud told me that Ebonheart has stepped back to focus on research. If he's still fucking with Element-406 or whatever things could get ugly again.
---------------------
Lt. Aulbrekt Talis
Psion City, The Republic of Anduine
Abby Peterson

Postby Abby Peterson » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:01 pm

So Scorch tells it. Which he would.
Like I said, you're not likely going to find clear answers in a pool of water this muddied.

If you're looking for something/someone though, maybe we can help. Let us know, as privately as you need to.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
Dylan Coffey

Postby Dylan Coffey » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:08 pm

Good evening,

Is this Element 406 related to the accident which prompted the Herald's crimes?
????

posts from before November 2019
---
Moonlight Tiger
Grandmaster of the Five-Element Supreme Sword Skill
First Disciple of the Void Moon Reflection Style
Student of the Mt. Infinity School
Clay Road Wanderer
Abby Peterson

Postby Abby Peterson » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:17 pm

Yeah, looks like. There's still plenty of pieces missing, but a few things seem to link up to old notes about the mining.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
Alice Dodd

Postby Alice Dodd » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:19 pm

Scorch also mentioned tectonic activities when he came in, if I recall. So yeah, I'd say so.

Return to “In-Play Forum (IP)”