Upgrading The Lighthouse

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
kenneth_wright

Upgrading The Lighthouse

Post by kenneth_wright »

I did some examinations on the powerbox to see what would be needed. Here's a preliminary analysis:
  1. I can do repairs and upgrades using parts of the Lighthouse from non-essential or broken down features, but doing so is risky as some of the parts are not in the best shape and may break during installation, not to mention the loss of potential functionality later on.
  2. I will need special tools and materials to make longer-term or more permanent upgrades.
  3. The groups most likely to have what I need are Med-R, the Tech Cult, Battery City, and the Republic; I have no idea what I would have to offer for materials from each of these groups.
I will be Investigating further once we gather to see which method and potentially which faction would be best suited to helping us. I would ask for the insight of a Diplomat on this investigation to see if we can make some sort of deal quickly, given how the Big Boi is still out there and might continue to assault our power source.
Eugene Tyler, TAC Engineer and Lead Tech Researcher, Sekret, Terranfall
Master of Tetujin Tech, Beacon, The Gardens
Medical Professional Resident, Beacon, The Gardens
Graduate of the Lore of Subtle Weapons
Expert Arcane Philosopher
Sean Harley

Re: Upgrading The Lighthouse

Post by Sean Harley »

I can assist with this investigation if you need it.
Nick D'Angelo
C.A.R.E. Founder and CEO, CPA
kenneth_wright

Post by kenneth_wright »

I'm following up to let you guys know:
I will be taking inventory of the Lighthouse's systems and panels to see what functions are non-essential enough to be taken offline permanently. Any salvage from those systems will be re-purposed towards repairs and upgrades elsewhere in the facility, starting with the outer energy panel and working inward. I will keep everyone informed on my progress, as the Lighthouse is the community center of our little township.
kenneth_wright

Post by kenneth_wright »

Okay, I have made an ad-hoc shield out of parts from non-essential systems in the Lighthouse; this should help deter some smaller Insectoids from sucking off our power source, but it will not hold for long. Since we are going to be at Falconspire Hollow next gather, I am hoping to strike up some sort of trade arrangement for the parts to make the shielding more permanent and to start upgrading certain functions. I am going to need to sit down and look over some of my ideas to see if they are viable given my updated examination of the Lighthouse.

That being said, there was a weird pulse of energy that jumped from the panel, through me, and into the air as I was installing the shielding; I am unharmed, but it was a very strange thing to happen from my understanding of how the tech and power source works. I may also want to look into this.