The Five Endings

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
Abby Peterson
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Five Endings

Postby Abby Peterson » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:27 pm

Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
kenneth_wright
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Five Endings

Postby kenneth_wright » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:24 pm

As a note, the Table of the First People appeared among us in response to the Fragment memory, and it's powers are not fully known or understood right now, but it does react to the dire needs of our immediate community. It is possible that it could lend its power towards defeating one or more of the Elder Ones as they arrive, unlocking more powers as it does so. I would recommend someone skilled in magical artifacts and rituals to uncover the nature of the Table's enchantments to see if divesting into it would be feasible given our tightened deadline.

Also, we don't know entirely how the Huntress is going to react to the Elder Ones trouncing through her hunting grounds and killing her quarries. I'm not entirely sure if she is even lucid enough to understand what these things are. Could there be a way to either lead her to them (allowing her protector status to come out and she attack and possibly kill some of them) or get her to commune with the Table of the First People (giving us some sort of magical advantage or ally in the fight)?
Eugene Tyler, TAC Engineer and Lead Tech Researcher, Sekret, Terranfall
Master of Tetujin Tech, Beacon, The Gardens
Medical Professional Resident, Beacon, The Gardens
Graduate of the Lore of Subtle Weapons
Expert Arcane Philosopher
MadsWayne

Postby MadsWayne » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:12 pm

On my recent travels east i found a village that had been beset upon by... something, and showed signs of loss of life. One of those killed scrawled upon the wall the words "In Fool's Gold" in their own blood, seemingly immediately before falling.

These words mean little to me, if any of thee dost have some thought, or are familiar with the phrase beyond the obvious, please let me know? I shall be looking into this.
Captain Dane
Captain of The Grand Finale
Knight of the Narrative
Abby Peterson

Postby Abby Peterson » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:16 pm

Duo brought me this and asked me to make sure you all heard it. It's not good news, but I trust his brain on shit like this, so I know it's the best news he could bring us.

There is no way that Beacon, or any force in the Crossroads, can take these things on together; they have to be separated if we want to stand any chance.
These being are extremely intelligent and won't be easily divided and once we manage to kill one of them, they'll never fall for being separated again.

We have to make a plan to separate them all out at once and then be ready for Beacon and our allies to strike. All teams attack the divided Endings at the same time.
So far, all research points to inevitable losses, so we need to walk into this with clear eyes on that.

Get to thinking and be ready to make several plans and approach the groups at this upcoming meeting. We can't do this without them.

--------------------------

((OOC: I don't normally go full OOC voice here, but there is an element that needs to be made crystal clear.

Per plot staff: "There is no pre-planned method of handling these beings. As such, players cam get creative in how they choose to solve the problem. This is open-ended and we're looking forward to seeing what ideas you come up with."

So...this is on us. There isn't a 'right way' that they're leading us to find, we have lots of options, but need to spend this next game mapping them, seeing how feasible they are, and getting the resources and allies needed for them.
See you there.))
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
Dylan Coffey

Postby Dylan Coffey » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:57 am

Good evening,

I have dreamed strange dreams in the last month. I have seen the Void-thing in my meditations. Its existence offends me, offends my spirit, in ways I do not understand. I will find a way.
????

posts from before November 2019
---
Moonlight Tiger
Grandmaster of the Five-Element Supreme Sword Skill
First Disciple of the Void Moon Reflection Style
Student of the Mt. Infinity School
Clay Road Wanderer
Abby Peterson

Postby Abby Peterson » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:15 am

Last edited by Abby Peterson on Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
Sarah Crawford

Postby Sarah Crawford » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:39 am

I'm on the Huntress. I had already dipped my toe in that pool and can keep going.
Spooky 'Mantha
Anna S

Postby Anna S » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:06 am

Christine Reagan

Postby Christine Reagan » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:01 am

Good evening,

I don't think there's anything that would keep the Open Palm Fellowship from fighting these abominations.

Enduring Pine has spoken with them in the past, he may be able to help.

In Joy,
Blushing Swan
Student of Ash Badger
Practitioner of White Maiden's Quill style
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Posts from before Jan 2018
Eurydice

(She/Her)
MadsWayne

Postby MadsWayne » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:44 am

I thank thee for thine consice summation.

The other adventurers we were able to contact were Jenny Dubh- she has fully agreed to help, as thanks for what we did for her. If I remember correctly the fifth was to be a member of the Once and Floral?

To be fair, we only truly need four adventurers, as we know where rot is going.

Is the leading away of these beasts to begin now, or do we have time? We do not know where we are leading them as of yet, as far as I am aware.
Captain Dane
Captain of The Grand Finale
Knight of the Narrative

Return to “In-Play Forum (IP)”