See Magical Blood Disease Rots Your Insides
See Investigation: The Reeved and Lost
No real name has stuck, from "Evil of the East" to "Locusts", etc. Any names written down are just so I have something to call them in my notes, no official Lore has been discovered, past the Huntress calling them "The Old Ones".
We saw five beings in the vision; there may be more, but these are the 5 we saw.
They seem to share a link of theme; that of endings.
- Consumption - A creature of mouths - could easily mangle a body, and when it consumed someone, the process would create bursts of teeth shrapnel into the surrounding area.
- Violence - a figure that wore armor and carried an enormous greatsword, whose face showed great gashes of blood, muscle and bone - Their strikes had the force and speed of three at once and could mutilate with one blow
- Void - a walking darkness, a sense of light fading - can break items it touches and those it consumes seem to come apart into a cold nothingness, it cannot be impacted by a weapon
- Death - a humanoid figure with a great horned animal skull for a head - this figure was the Ending that was confirmed with the capacity of our speech, as it spoke to the King quietly before killing him
- Decay - a beast covered in mushrooms and moss- its victims did not die, but continued Withering away indefinitely
We saw them as they killed the King of Kitaran and his people. It's the first time we've seen what the threat coming from the east is. Here's what we learned about that:
- What we saw and felt was a Fragment, similar to what we have felt with the Beta, and how the town of Wyldhaven must have experienced the "mass hallucination" of the arrival of the Warband.
We saw it because, as Duo says 'we are all the Garden', and because our interest has been focused on what was in the East, and their lives and emotions/trauma reached out as they died to answer that. The Garden connected the two pieces let us have/experience theirs.
What we saw was live and happened almost at the same time.
- The Reeved and the Lost are combinations of those who ran away from attacks like this, and savvy madmen who began to follow/imitate them and for reasons unknown weren't slaughtered.
- At their distance and pace, the Endings will be here in 3-4 months (early spring).
- The diseases we're seeing are from the Endings themselves (remember the farms and the lands becoming blighted?) as well as from the Reeves and the Lost who cultivate their own illnesses in mimicry of the Endings.
- We cannot fight the Endings together - we might be able to win a fight against one of them individually, but it would require dividing it off from the pack.
An Adventurer could be used to draw the attention of one of them as a method of division, but they would have to be Advanced in their skill AND have a Soldier of Fortune to watch their back and it STILL could get them killed.
- The Crown Prince was supposed to show up with reinforcements and didn't and we don't know why or where he ended up.
- The Weary Wanderers are spearheading the warning and preparation system in Falconspire Hollow next gather, which is why we will be joining them there.
- There is no "weakest' - they are all equally powerful in different ways.
- The Huntress is not holding one of those inside of her (see notes here), but she has knowledge of fighting things like them, as an ancient enemy
- Accepting help from The Mad King would allow him to make claim on the territory of the Lake as his own, as he would have aiding in saving the land.
- The last piece of information was that they are like locusts, drawn to population centers. They will (and have) gone where the people go. As our defenses/skills currently stand, they will destroy the Crossroads completely, leaving a diseased and empty wasteland.