January - The List

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
Abby Peterson

January - The List

Post by Abby Peterson »

Hopefully you've all seen The List. For the post with all past copies of The List - please see this information here

I put out a scrap of paper and folks write down what they need to remember to look in to. Others will know they need help. Don't take the pen.
Don't let your brain go to waste. Be sure to think of things as much as you can manage, even if you don't think of yourself as a scholar. We've got too much going on to let things come at us blind because we volunteered to be idiots.

A reminder on The List and my write-ups of them here on the forum-thing - You all have to contribute too. That's the arrangement. I type all this to keep you informed and you need to try and return the courtesy and keep me informed of the pieces I'm missing.
If it's listed below and it isn't solved and you don't need it anymore, say so.
If it is solved and I didn't help you - put the results where we can find them and cross reference the location of the results to this thread. Even if we were all there, damnit. Because sometimes we miss these little meet-ups.

Format will be Who requested it, What is being studied, and if It's Marked as done or not.
  • Gloria- Reaved and Lost increase in strength - Yes - See notes here
  • Eugene - Destroying Curio's Wheel Artifact - NO - This one stays with Menhi-ta to finish researching it
  • Cassie - Talkatta Kahn - Yes - I don't know who has the results, but that's the army with the big dogs that we fought
  • Nick - Corruptor MO change - Yes - See Nick's notes below for more details.
  • Nick - Corruptor Mind Control - See Nick's notes below for more details.
  • Nick - City users with The Gift - NO
  • Gloria - Disconnecting the Nightmare Clown from the immaterial - Yes, it was the baton, it was the information I gave everyone before the big clown fight
  • Nick - What are the Carnies up to? - I assume that the answer was "the ritual we stopped", but did I miss anything, Nick?
  • Spooky/Eugene - Most efficient person to research Nikita stuff - Yes. - Is that handled? Do you need more help?
  • Duo - What's up with the Children of Hope Reverend? - NO
  • Spooky - Visionary Transformations - Yes - See here for the results
  • Nick - Senator Rise to Power - Yes - Message me for results
  • Diogenese - The Nature of Pinions - Yes - See results here
  • Diogenese - Logistics of starting up a Century Military Unit - NO
  • Nick - Which NPCs are Visionaries? - NO
  • Nick - Was Zamir full of shit? - Yes - The sheet just says "No" next to it. See Nick's notes below for more details.
Last edited by Abby Peterson on Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
kenneth_wright

Re: January - The List

Post by kenneth_wright »

Please see my notes on Pinions here.
Eugene Tyler, TAC Engineer and Lead Tech Researcher, Sekret, Terranfall
Master of Tetujin Tech, Beacon, The Gardens
Medical Professional Resident, Beacon, The Gardens
Graduate of the Lore of Subtle Weapons
Expert Arcane Philosopher
Sean Harley

Post by Sean Harley »

This didn't get investigated as much as I had a long talk with a former employee of his named Zamir. I then verified what Zamir told me.

Long story short:
Corrupter MO: First he tries to close you down using bureaucracy. If he can't do that he will mentally attempt to turn your wants into needs and then make sure that those needs are either corrosive in and of themselves, or that he is the only being capable of providing them. Lastly if he feels you are a threat the assassins come.
Best way to defend against his attempts to influence you is to be or become naturally resistant to mental influence and attacks.
As a deceiver his form is mutable and he rarely shows his true one, but it does have horns.
The best way to fight him is to draw him out. His spiritual and magic power is directly tied into his business. Sabotage his business and you sabotage his power. Do enough damage and you will force him/anger him enough to reveal himself and be dealt with directly. Currently someone is working on this and that's all I have to say on the matter.
Not all of the people working for him want to be working for him, not all of them don't. You get a mix.
Any and all records of his targets will be gone over with a fine tooth comb. The slightest blemish will be found and magnified until it is a huge deal that shuts the target down if possible.
Not sure if the orphanage signature issue will come up because of the above.

Notes on Zamir:
Former (YES FORMER) Honored dead of Tayet-Re (my supposition, not truly verified but keep reading)
Came to the garden as an honored dead but had none of his wealth or belongings with him.
He was promised wealth by the corrupter, who did deliver on this, in exchange for his help in evicting orphans, closing hospitals, boarding up food kitchens, and the like.
One night he woke up and his eyes were on fire and he was in about as much pain as one might expect that to cause, now he doesn't have any more gold on his face only black.
Around this time he decided maybe the Ennead were telling him he shouldn't pursue material wealth any further and that his life needed to change.
He stopped working for the Corrupter and immediately lost all his material wealth and became homeless eating out of the trash and living on the streets which is where Aubergine found him. He might be cursed.
He has currently started up a new business trading grain. He is using all the proceeds from his new business to make reparations to the people he hurt while working for the Corrupter.
The only reason he can even run a business to the extent he does is a pair of artifacts he found, a crook and a flail. Not sure of the exact effects, cost, or side effects.
Last edited by Sean Harley on Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nick D'Angelo
C.A.R.E. Founder and CEO, CPA
Sean Harley

Post by Sean Harley »

Carnies - Yeah that clown ritual thing.

CVI with the gift - This is part of the agreement Between the Carmines and the Sole Proprietors/Laissez Faire as part of the payment for the guns deal. You have more info on this than I do. The Megacorp is probably just going to sell the guns at a huge markup and turn a ton of profit as near as I can figure.
Nick D'Angelo
Abby Peterson

Post by Abby Peterson »

Updated with details corrected at the top of the post.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
Anna S

Post by Anna S »

Sean Harley wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:08 am This didn't get investigated as much as I had a long talk with a former employee of his named Zamir. I then verified what Zamir told me.

Long story short:
Corrupter MO: First he tries to close you down using bureaucracy. If he can't do that he will mentally attempt to turn your wants into needs and then make sure that those needs are either corrosive in and of themselves, or that he is the only being capable of providing them. Lastly if he feels you are a threat the assassins come.
Best way to defend against his attempts to influence you is to be or become naturally resistant to mental influence and attacks.
As a deceiver his form is mutable and he rarely shows his true one, but it does have horns.
The best way to fight him is to draw him out. His spiritual and magic power is directly tied into his business. Sabotage his business and you sabotage his power. Do enough damage and you will force him/anger him enough to reveal himself and be dealt with directly. Currently someone is working on this and that's all I have to say on the matter.
Not all of the people working for him want to be working for him, not all of them don't. You get a mix.
Any and all records of his targets will be gone over with a fine tooth comb. The slightest blemish will be found and magnified until it is a huge deal that shuts the target down if possible.
Not sure if the orphanage signature issue will come up because of the above.

Notes on Zamir:
Former (YES FORMER) Honored dead of Tayet-Re (my supposition, not truly verified but keep reading)
Came to the garden as an honored dead but had none of his wealth or belongings with him.
He was promised wealth by the corrupter, who did deliver on this, in exchange for his help in evicting orphans, closing hospitals, boarding up food kitchens, and the like.
One night he woke up and his eyes were on fire and he was in about as much pain as one might expect that to cause, now he doesn't have any more gold on his face only black.
Around this time he decided maybe the Ennead were telling him he shouldn't pursue material wealth any further and that his life needed to change.
He stopped working for the Corrupter and immediately lost all his material wealth and became homeless eating out of the trash and living on the streets which is where Aubergine found him. He might be cursed.
He has currently started up a new business trading grain. He is using all the proceeds from his new business to make reparations to the people he hurt while working for the Corrupter.
The only reason he can even run a business to the extent he does is a pair of artifacts he found, a crook and a flail. Not sure of the exact effects, cost, or side effects.
Some depressed looking Honored Dead(?) named Zamir (so this guy) was here asking about you Nick, and people who knew about the Corruptor. He apparently used to be the Trailseekers treasurer and got greedy to get them money and I guess did all this stuff you mentioned here. Aubergine wants to find him real bad because I guess he just ran away from them in shame. You might wanna stage an intervention or something because he ran from town before she showed up and when she did show up she was mad he was there.
Sean Harley

Post by Sean Harley »

If someone with adventuring could find him I'd apprecciate it. I can offer a reward if need be.
Nick D'Angelo
Christine Reagan

Post by Christine Reagan »

If someone with adventuring could find him I'd apprecciate it. I can offer a reward if need be.

He came to me while he was in town and expressed a very sincere (to my judgement, in any case) desire to make amends, and wanted you to know that he had established a charity organization in Falconspire Hollow that was "legitimate this time". I'm not sure if this is the same business born from grain-trading, or if that means that he is not relying on the artifacts, but he was very upfront about the treasury business not being morally defensible in contrast to this. He specifically wants to send the donations he is amassing to your orphanage to begin making things right.

Personally, I am of the opinion that one's past only brings about the present circumstances, while one's actions in those present circumstances determine character. I let him know that I would speak to you on his behalf and that we'd be in touch to follow up, so I don't think he is actively hiding from us. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need further clarification.

In joy,
Blushing Swan
Student of Ash Badger
Practitioner of White Maiden's Quill style
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Posts from before Jan 2018
Eurydice

(She/Her)
Anna S

Post by Anna S »

Yeah he isn't really hiding from Beacon as much as hiding from the Trailseeker folks, sorry for not making that clear.
Christine Reagan

Post by Christine Reagan »

I think I could have also been more clear - I only meant that if Nick wants to meet or speak with Zamir, or get a message to him, I do not think he will need an adventurer - but I could be wrong.

Also...If Zamir is intending to hide from the Trailseekers, I don't know if setting up a charity organization in the middle of Falconspire Hollow is a fantastic way to go about it, but scared people make odd decisions I suppose.

In joy,
Blushing Swan
Student of Ash Badger
Practitioner of White Maiden's Quill style
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Posts from before Jan 2018
Eurydice

(She/Her)