The Huntress, The Tribe, and Blood Ties

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
Abby Peterson

The Huntress, The Tribe, and Blood Ties

Post by Abby Peterson »

This one gets long -
For purposes of cross reference also check http://gardenofdestinieslarp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1527 and http://gardenofdestinieslarp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1826

- The Beast in The Huntress is one of the beings that made the Endings and used them as foot soldiers
- Those who were in The Huntress ritual of community have metaphysically joined her tribe. Unsure how long it will last but it needs to be fostered to grow or remain; otherwise it is inert.
- Willow's connection is different because she stabbed their hands together and mingled blood.
- The Yaksa also culturally firm cabals and they have cultural overlap with The First People when it comes to tribal recreation specifically
- How to grow this - you will need a willing Huntress, lucid enough to consent to inducting other into the tribe
- We don't know the full nature of The Tribe, but they seem to be connected to concepts, such as The Huntress embodying The Hunt at times and Duo seeing one of the First People made of waves.
- If there's a scale to judge on, they are closer to "beings" than people. When you talk to them or try to suggest their behavior, think about it that way. They are strongly influenced by their concepts.
- If the Tribe is removed from The Huntress, it wouldn't/shouldn't kill her, but it would weaken them all and weaken the prison of The Beast they're holding in her.
- To hold a tribeperson inside a body, you would need to have the ability to come to harmony with the being.
- We don't know of another body strong enough to hold The Beast. It would require an Ennead level of power, which has never been fully in the Garden (they've appeared through small acts, not full force).
- Could we build a body strong enough to contain The Beast? - YES, BUT This is a dangerous and unethical plan and if we didn't have the consent of The Huntress, it would be bad. The Beast would also try to play and conquer us during this at every turn. The Principalities have methods of that sort of construction and empowerment of bodies.
- Does the death of Willow affect The Huntress in any way? - Not likely to have any effect. The connection is stronger to Willow because Willow is able to focus on it as the only connection. The Huntress has many connections to her people and The Beast inside her and is too distracted to focus on just Willow's.
- Strengthening the connection would not drain off any souls or taint from The Huntress without her permission, unless a ritual is done too close to The Huntress/Them. The magic of that ritual might be affected by The Beast or another occupant.
- Would Willow creating a tribe act sympathetically on the connection - transferring The Tribe into the new tribe of Willow's would likely kill a normal mortal.
- The repetition of the pattern of the power of "community" links multiple cultures of The Garden and the attached homeworlds (all of them really). This lore of the nature of The Garden will require research to further understand.
- Bringing back this tribe would have some changes to the social/physical landscape, but unknown how much because we have no precedent for this.
- Runecrafting has deep elemental ties that are similar to the First Tribe's connections. This lore of the nature of The Garden will require research to further understand.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
Abby Peterson

Re: The Huntress, The Tribe, and Blood Ties

Post by Abby Peterson »

Additional Data involving the carved Plate art related to The Huntress:

- The plate is a key that opens a door.
- A vision showed the door is a bright light to the north. The bright light isn't coming from the door; it is the door itself.
- This is not connected to the Solar or beta
- The nature of the door continued my vision as my pen went through the paper, table, floor, ground, deep into the cold and I began to dissolve and lose track of my identity as I combined with The Garden. This effect has resolved and my sense of self returned, but at this point I left the investigation and the following notes are based on notes kept by the remaining investigators:

- The written language on it is changing - it take an Academic to read it and an Artificer to manipulate or write it.
- There were multiple tribes.
- The door is likely in Republic territory to the north
- The Tetujin have messed with this door before, after The Huntress tribe was gone
- The door is not connected to the Ley lines
- The full utility of the Key cannot be fully realized until used in the door and unlocked
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
Bailey Jordan

Post by Bailey Jordan »

should we make a list of everyone who was in the huntress ritual?
kenneth_wright

Post by kenneth_wright »

That may be a good idea if there isn't already a list; I know I was there to open the ritual connecting us to the Huntress.
Eugene Tyler, TAC Engineer and Lead Tech Researcher, Sekret, Terranfall
Master of Tetujin Tech, Beacon, The Gardens
Medical Professional Resident, Beacon, The Gardens
Graduate of the Lore of Subtle Weapons
Expert Arcane Philosopher
Tommy Kauffman

Post by Tommy Kauffman »

This seems very related to what I already know about the garden. I plan to be around next gather if that will help on the community research.
Duo - detective from the city
kenneth_wright

Post by kenneth_wright »

Tommy Kauffman wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:51 pm This seems very related to what I already know about the garden. I plan to be around next gather if that will help on the community research.
That would be very helpful given your past research into the connectiveness of the Garden and all the worlds that feed it.
Eugene Tyler, TAC Engineer and Lead Tech Researcher, Sekret, Terranfall
Master of Tetujin Tech, Beacon, The Gardens
Medical Professional Resident, Beacon, The Gardens
Graduate of the Lore of Subtle Weapons
Expert Arcane Philosopher
Zachary Arkin

Post by Zachary Arkin »

I am currently in the process of researching a way to strengthen/reinforce our connection to the Huntress and the First Tribe. This will require both individual and collective effort, but all skills should be relevant/applicable as the First People were a collection of individuals. Please contact me if you are interested in strengthening this connection. As far as I know the list of the original ritual participants is as follows:

Diedrich,
Pavonis,
Willow,
Eugene
Spooky (I think, could be wrong),
And one other I can't remember