The List - September Edition

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
Alice Dodd

The List - September Edition

Post by Alice Dodd »

In the absence of our dear friend Gloria, I took the liberty of having some spare break room supplies from the office at Residuum delivered to substitute for The List. Now, I'm a busy woman, so I'll keep this brief. I didn't collect investigation results like Gloria usually does, but if you put them down below, I'll add a TL;DR below its entry.

Simple format, as always. [WHO REQUESTED IT?] - [WHAT THE TOPIC IS] - [WAS IT FINISHED?]

Athanasia - Residuum Plans - Yes(Thread to come)
Eugene - Cosmic Forge - No
Sho - Desert with 4 Suns - Yes
Duo - Duo's Math Puzzle - Yes - The Entity Known Formerly as Z'Kul is Not From The Garden. It is not even PART of the Garden in the same way as "We are all the Garden." It is a truly alien entity.
Gloria - After-Effects of Rot on the Ecosystem - No
Athanasia - Republic Legal System - No
Isurei - Vines upon Willow's resurrection - Yes
Motye - Magical Appearing Dice - Yes
Athanasia - Stardust Economics - Yes - The amount of Stardust being moved by Residuum numbers in the Thousands. Stardust, in a single unit, provides a bump to mastery and a charge, but is highly addictive, and can be used as fuel in rituals for making Golems.
Johanna - Tactics: Margrath - Yes(Battle Ended Saturday Night)
Diogenes - Tactics: Paradox Eye - Yes (Battle ended Saturday Afternoon, congratulations to Janet and Nikita on not only surviving, but the upcoming wedding.)
Athanasia - The Star's Shadow - Yes - This creature was once a Voidborn who sought to remove vulnerability from itself and took itself to that logical extreme, becoming a nigh on metaphysical entity of Protection that exists in opposition to the concept of Vulnerability. There is a flicker of humanity in this being. It is in our best interest to engage with it in a positive fashion in order to cultivate a healthy middle-ground between its intents and its nature, and to keep other factions from exploiting it.
R.r. Winters - Spooky Blood - Yes(?) - Completion unclear.
Diedrich - What's in Ionoch's Lantern? - Yes
Vellatrix - Hemosoil - Yes
Diedrich - Beta + Donovan = Why? - Yes
Anna S

Re: The List - September Edition

Post by Anna S »

ill have my notes on beta and donovan tomorrow, I've gotta clear some room for Duo
kenneth_wright

Post by kenneth_wright »

The Desert with 4 Suns investigation was a look into the vision shared by the new people as they teleported in. This was due to a Beta engineer force-overriding a Tetujin teleportation site and the feedback from that giving the group a visionary hallucination of the Beta homeworld. Those interested in matters of anatomy learned that this ability to drain and power sites is inherent in the Beta.

As further note discovered through the investigation, the Tetujin sites we have a map for are practically useless, as those sites not under the control of the Tech Cult, the Republic, or other research groups are most likely cleared. In addition, we discovered that the Beta are using underground tunnels made by those purple worm creatures to gain access to Tetujin sites buried deep underground over time. In addition, seemingly random appearances of Solar forces and Adjudicators may be related to underground activities of the Beta in the area, which could pose a problem if the Beta access sites that villages or cities have been built on top of.
Eugene Tyler, TAC Engineer and Lead Tech Researcher, Sekret, Terranfall
Master of Tetujin Tech, Beacon, The Gardens
Medical Professional Resident, Beacon, The Gardens
Graduate of the Lore of Subtle Weapons
Expert Arcane Philosopher
Sam Marshall

Post by Sam Marshall »

Blessings of Amenerkah upon this paper and you, the reader.

Willow's vines during resurrection was due to the proximity and power of Ionoch's Helm, currently in possession of a Yaksaa that she had spoken with earlier. The vines were representative of life coming from death from the viewpoint of Ionoch, I believe. If I am incorrect, I humbly ask that someone corrects me.

Thank you, and may Innana keep your hearts in balance.
Iseurei,
Neophyte of Menkaura
Anna S

Post by Anna S »

Anna S wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:59 am ill have my notes on beta and donovan tomorrow, I've gotta clear some room for Duo
Oh look I did it