Local Expression of Artistry Festival (L.E.A.F.)

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
Sean Harley

Local Expression of Artistry Festival (L.E.A.F.)

Post by Sean Harley »

TL: DR
Come decorate your cabin face and get money.
I still really like acronyms and listening to myself talk

So in an effort to beautify town and increase the presence of art and artistic expression throughout the Garden I have decided to hold a Local Expression of Artistry Festival (L.E.A.F.). At this next gather all present in town are encouraged to decorate the outside of their cabins (outside only) in keeping with a specific theme. All cabins who actively participate (and real participation none of this acorn on a stump and call it 'modern art' to attempt to game the system BS) will be rewarded with a pinion prize (amount depends on how many participants we have). In the event with have enough participation the participants will be judged by our own local master artist Thousand Painted Faces, with a larger cash prize going to the First, Second, and Third place winners.

The theme of the decorations: Fall
Interpret this theme how you will. You can do harvest, you can do a local holiday from your world, you can do the dying of the light and the oncoming dark, whatever moves you.

If you feel perhaps this topic is unoriginal and uninspired, please blow.

No special skill nor artistry is required to participate, just a desire to add a little beauty and color into the world.

A sign up list will be available at the start of gather for those who wish to participate.

Judging will being at 3 PM on Saturday.

Why: Adding beauty into the world is truly it's own reward and this is a chance to facilitate that. All true artistic expressions comes from a desire to communicate and as such it furthers that desire. Communication and it's lack is one of the great pitfalls of intelligent beings as a collective and any effort undertaken to alleviate this and promote emotional honesty, even through a physical medium is worth the price, even if motivated by monetary reasons. Furthermore the addition of beauty to the world fosters a sense of both appreciation and wonder in our surroundings that are in their own rights beautiful by their very existence and efforts undertaken to foster those feelings are again worth the costs laid out to create fertile ground for them to grow.
Nick D'Angelo
C.A.R.E. Founder and CEO, CPA
Sean Harley

Re: Local Expression of Artistry Festival (L.E.A.F.)

Post by Sean Harley »

For anyone planning on decorating their cabin for the contest, given the weather, it may be canceled, it may not be, we're going to play it by ear depending on how bad the rain is and when it actually stops, but I don't want people having their cool shit get soaked. We can always do it again at a later date.
Nick D'Angelo
C.A.R.E. Founder and CEO, CPA