Sense the Unseen and relocating

For questions about the game rules.
Cindrah

Sense the Unseen and relocating

Post by Cindrah »

In the wraith battle this past event, I was told by Tanner that with Sense the Unseen, I can attack relocating targets. Was that something unique to that fight, or is that how the spell always works?
Tanner Rives

Re: Sense the Unseen and relocating

Post by Tanner Rives »

Cindrah wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:32 am In the wraith battle this past event, I was told by Tanner that with Sense the Unseen, I can attack relocating targets. Was that something unique to that fight, or is that how the spell always works?
You can react to them normally, which may include attacking them. This will be explicitly stated in the clarification update during the winter break.
Cindrah

Post by Cindrah »

Damn, that's amazing! Are they able to interact with me in turn, or do they need to finish relocating first?
Cindrah

Post by Cindrah »

Real edge case here, but I'm very curious, and would totally do it given the opportunity.
Can I unleash The Slide Transversal and relocate a target while they're relocating (or more likely, being involuntarily relocated, like in the wraith fight)? If so, would that change their destination to the one I choose with the spell, or would they relocate while out of play, and then go to where the original relocate was taking them, or something else entirely?
Tanner Rives

Post by Tanner Rives »

Cindrah wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:58 pm Damn, that's amazing! Are they able to interact with me in turn, or do they need to finish relocating first?
That entirely depends on the ability that allows them to Relocate. Most packet-based ones require you to go where the packet lands, even if you don't want to go there (ie, you missed a throw and now you're heading into lava). Others allow you to move "up to X steps" or whatever, which means that you can stop whenever you want.

I will say that many powerful creatures that can use these kinds of abilities will move you straight to the top of their "aggro list" if you interfere with them while they are relocating/invisible/whatever, so that's something to bear in mind. Some of them can even attack you while still effectively "safe" from most of your friends, too.
Tanner Rives

Post by Tanner Rives »

Cindrah wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:06 pm Real edge case here, but I'm very curious, and would totally do it given the opportunity.
Can I unleash The Slide Transversal and relocate a target while they're relocating (or more likely, being involuntarily relocated, like in the wraith fight)?
No, not even if you have Sense the Unseen.
Cindrah

Post by Cindrah »

Good to know, thanks. And sorry if some of those were weird questions.