Where in the Space-Between is Jazi of the Beta?

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
User avatar
MerryPeterson
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:22 am

Where in the Space-Between is Jazi of the Beta?

Postby MerryPeterson » Sat May 30, 2020 6:31 pm

Hey Beacon,

Alright, so here’s the situation. I’ve got a missing persons case, and I’m going to need a little help solving it.

I ran into a couple of the Beta, and one of theirs is missing, this broad named Jazi. She disappeared a while ago and (get this) apparently she marched right into the Space-Between. It’s not exactly my usual beat. Now I heard you people have been there before, so maybe you can help track her down.

Where the trail’s ends, there’s this kind of message that she left? It’s so damn encrypted that the Beta can’t even figure out what it means. I’ll try cracking it myself, but if anybody’s got any ideas, I’ll take any lead I can get.

And hey. Thanks.

-Detective Collins


((OOP: Here’s your introduction, darlings. You can do this on your own, if you like.))
https://im-a-puzzle.com/message_number_1_5BhKw60J.puzzle
User avatar
MerryPeterson
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:22 am

Re: Where in the Space-Between is Jazi of the Beta?

Postby MerryPeterson » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:59 pm

"The Pilgrim's Road is long, but the journey is worth the reward."

As you say these words aloud, the radio begins to play. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1URnjSS2H-2V33EZGtPcB-VuCUv8VNe9d/view?usp=sharing


As the static recedes, the following appears on a paper in front of you. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pXZwoE9hMJCL_1lFxJKnCHRA5nFyeBxwvYaTSbLVVbY/edit?usp=sharing


((You may submit your puzzle results here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf5Qxae2LJpyAg--uFcoVFfdDkMp96VZ2SAfHUxhnqzdtlICA/viewform?usp=sf_link. This puzzle may be completed alone, or with friends! You decide.))
User avatar
MerryPeterson
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:22 am

Re: Where in the Space-Between is Jazi of the Beta?

Postby MerryPeterson » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:15 pm

As the last bit of Jazi’s scribbles begin to make sense, a collective vision washes over you, like a wave. There is a faint taste of saltwater in your mouth as you wake, sputtering. Your ship is gone, your island is gone. In fact, you seem to be at a place where the water is surrounded by land and not the other way around?! Like, oh my goddess, it’s not even saltwater! It’s like, drinkable and stuff, which is totes rad because you really need a drink. There’s a couple other tie-dye clad folks sprawled out on the shore, and they all seem to be breathing, which is a relief. You decide to let them sleep it off as you try to remember what happened.

There was a hella-wicked storm last night, which was the only thing keeping those totes heinous raiders off of you. Those guys have zero chill. So you decided to try to outrun them, because like, trying to catch surfing champions on the open waves? As if!

Okay, to be fair, you’re super awesome at hanging ten, but those waves were killer, and it’s almost like a watery hand reached up and grabbed at you when you went under, sinking you and your shipmates down into the depths.

But like, you’re alive and stuff! Lucky you, got the blessings of Lyria and everything! Well with each other and Her Love, you’re totally going to be A-OK.

((Write a 100-word story - a time when your character remembers a new beginning.))

Soon you hear a crackle of static and the faint roar of a crowd as another note appears in front of you.

(( https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ABDWpo3pJThhBdlSxvHl29-DMott0vVO/view?usp=sharing

You may work on this puzzle together. We advise making a copy of it to tinker around with.


And submit your answers here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf5Qxae2LJpyAg--uFcoVFfdDkMp96VZ2SAfHUxhnqzdtlICA/viewform?usp=sf_link ))
User avatar
MerryPeterson
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:22 am

Re: Where in the Space-Between is Jazi of the Beta?

Postby MerryPeterson » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:29 pm

The pieces all fall into place, and the roar of the crowd is like static in your ears. You spot a cluster of kids in one section of the crowd, kitted up in their favorite’s colors. Soon they’ll begin their training and once that’s done, their mask day. You remember your own Mask Day, when you took on your real name, and announced not who you were born as, but who you chose to become.

Then there’s a faint rumble from below and the applause begins to fade.

A gnarled set of roots begins to ruffle and shift the dirt floor of the arena. One of those roots curls around your ankle and pulls you down into what is now quicksand, drawn deep within the earth.

Finding your way out is going to be tricky.

((but this puzzle you can complete on your own! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OVixYYkGrzKZqCAv10aqOmGaXjzCmIkVryISIzhYF2s/edit?usp=sharing

You can also submit 100-words about a time when your character experienced competition.

And submit your answers here:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf5Qxae2LJpyAg--uFcoVFfdDkMp96VZ2SAfHUxhnqzdtlICA/viewform?usp=sf_link ))
User avatar
MerryPeterson
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:22 am

Re: Where in the Space-Between is Jazi of the Beta?

Postby MerryPeterson » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:31 am

It's almost like floating. sap drifts slowly up, slowly down. You find yourself being drawn upwards, into the center. There is no sight, per se, but you are surrounded with a firm but gentle closeness. And slowly, like a sunrise or sunset, you feel a thrum, and you are drawn upward, and when the light finally returns, it is a bright green.

The tree breaths you out, and you are skybound.

In the radio static, you hear once more a string of numbers....(( https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/12k5HKlA4gknDlcbxkB1j2SXuxYgLNLhZqdXlIYe_UY8/edit?usp=sharing ))

((You may do this puzzle on your own, or with friends! You decide.))

Return to “In-Play Forum (IP)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest