We 'Made Contact' With The Huntress

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
Ash

We 'Made Contact' With The Huntress

Post by Ash »

short version: Omen, Isuerei, Diedrich, and I made "contact" with the Huntress. They will be more aware of us 4 moving forward, this is....good? It's progress.

Long version: Iseurei had a vision about the Huntress. They fought Rot and won (that's what the big crater is!) but after they seemed a bit infected. They have gotten better but might still need help, we're unsure. In the vision a four foot wide tentacle came out of a portal and instead of running they help aloft their spear, had it struck by lightning (this is badass) and stabbed it into the tentacle and rode off into the portal as it closed.

We do know they didn't send the vision.

We couldn't really track her on the other side of the portal so much as could feel they weren't in the Garden. We don't really know what it's like to be on that side of the portal but the Huntress does.

They went into the portal on purpose and we think she was gonna come out okay. That being said they could come out hurt which would make them lose control more often, and distract them.

Apparently this Tavar person had visions of her going into similarly operating portals (not same flavor, no Entity here) and barely told folks? I dunno.

This doesn't really effect the Entity in a bad or good way.

The Huntress is made to hunt and kill stuff, they are trying to keep busy.

The Beast within the Huntress is not going to merge with the Entity in any way, as the Entity doesn't make deals, that's the cultists, and the Huntress isn't exactly the talking type. If we completely ignore the Entity then it could go bad but I see we aren't doing that so that's good.

We felt like we could send a sort of "care package" of charges and such into the portal and it would make it's way to them eventually, which we did as successfully as we could tell from this side. If you saw the four of us running around playing tag and chasing each other like animals that's why. We did ritualistic hunting and tracking. This would also be why I did a lot of trash cleaning and plate taking (seriously tho y'all are more messy than a Mist Cat when you eat, clean up yourselves too!!) and we handed out lots of buffs, enchantments, etc.

Our essence was in the care package, more or less. I don't know the level of familiarity they will get with us, but at the very least now the Huntress is directly aware of myself, Omen, Iseurei, and Diedrich.

We also know that right about the end of the stuff Eugene was doing that I slept through (I'm sorry, I wanted to help!) I got woken up by the feeling of the Huntress reentering the Garden.
Or just Thorn is ok
Tempest Sylph of the Vale of Dusk
Ash

Re: We 'Made Contact' With The Huntress

Post by Ash »

So uh

They seem to be struggling in some way and walking with a purpose, not just stumbling blindly.

However they're also walking TOWARDS Beacon. Maybe they're gonna pass by, but I doubt it. Watch your wings, folks.
Or just Thorn is ok
Tempest Sylph of the Vale of Dusk