The Hidden Temple is a Defrag Puzzle

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
kenneth_wright

The Hidden Temple is a Defrag Puzzle

Post by kenneth_wright »

First, does anyone have further information on the Defrag that could lend itself to understanding their motives for creating a cost-sink for Pinions?

After our Blue Banshees run of the Hidden Temple, those of us with Artificing knowledge tried to tackle understanding how it works. This was me, Enduring Pine, and M0r+, with Lia, Tiger, and Jimmy on the sidelines:
  • The facility is powered by Pinions; the more we spend in it, the more powerful it becomes.
  • Part of the tech of the facility uses hard-light constructs to create challenges and temporary items. It is unclear (right now) how much of the challenges built into the facility are hard-light and how much are physically built/brought there.
  • There is someone or something watching the events and helping/hindering players in the games; initially unclear as to who or what it was, but the Alpha provided an encrypted message that basically said it is run by the Defrag and will result in some harm unless we can solve its puzzle.
  • Yes, there is a prize for the team that wins, but it is unclear how many levels are necessary to beat to get the prize; best guess is there are tiers of 3 challenges each, and whoever clears the most tiers is the winner.
  • The Red Raptors are the worst! 100 Pinions?! Really?! Really?!
We need as full of a breakdown of the Defrag as we can get. M0r+ and Vae Victis, I know you channeled a decoded Alpha message using me as a buffer; would you can to elaborate on the Defrag and the message?
Eugene Tyler, TAC Engineer and Lead Tech Researcher, Sekret, Terranfall
Master of Tetujin Tech, Beacon, The Gardens
Medical Professional Resident, Beacon, The Gardens
Graduate of the Lore of Subtle Weapons
Expert Arcane Philosopher
Alice Dodd

Re: The Hidden Temple is a Defrag Puzzle

Post by Alice Dodd »

Let the record show that we had the opportunity to wither the next team and chose not to.

I feel like that's important.

Also, bring some fancy shoes next time.
Kelly Kuban

Post by Kelly Kuban »

If you can't stand the heat, don't cast the fire!

Don't worry, we will let you know what the prize is, once the RED RAPTORS win it.
-Celeste
Member of the Cabal Æon:1105
Ash

Post by Ash »

Wow literally none of these people live here any more, or they're dead. I was looking for info but this was not helpful.
Or just Thorn is ok
Tempest Sylph of the Vale of Dusk
Kelly Kuban

Post by Kelly Kuban »

Sup ch-chum-chummeries!

Looking between this and viewtopic.php?t=2354 even if we aren't escalating, maybe the temple/entity is. We might need some folks to do another investigation to see what has changed and how much longer this needs to go on. Also I might be able to turn a gig I'm doing to get us some SWEET red raptor shirts. Merch/branding is important after all, team spirit and all that drek.
-Celeste
Member of the Cabal Æon:1105