The Scourge-Myst

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
Ash

The Scourge-Myst

Post by Ash »

So in the rumors Nick posted he mentioned a pink mist. I have reason to believe this is the Scourge-Myst from the Vale, and it is Very Bad.

The mist is toxic, and it's effects on the wildlife and flora around it are disgusting. It warps and twists the animals making them stronger and different and gross and powerful, causes fleshy holes filled with teeth in the group that devour anything that falls into it, bright red pustules filled with acid that burst with a gentle breeze, let alone a touch (side not being covered in this acid is the WORST way to die, happened to a friend once), not to mention whatever else weirdness that can come from the mist that is less common,

We recently back in the Vale had a BIG meeting (like, almost all of us who were in the Vale) to figure out what to do. Some of the more martial Sylph formed a group and went into the Scourge-Myst to see if they could make it go away. Someone hit a big pulsing fleshy nodule and the creatures all screamed in pain at the same time. The area didn't recover immediately, and the group still had to retreat at the time, but eventually the area did heal back to normal after that nodule was burst.

In later explorations they discovered that getting rid of the nodules seems to be the way to clean an area that is corrupted. It's usually a pulsing fleshy lump that is kind of hidden, though I think that is just because it's like a plant or an animal, like how a lot of plants conceal their weak/important bits with leaves and thorns, or how firefrogs keep their guts on the inside unless they are threatened. We are mostly able to deal with Scourge-Myst infections if we deal with them immediately. They cannot be allowed to fester as we have lost entire swaths of the Vale to it this way before we knew what to do.

To be clear, destroying the pustules just keeps the problem from getting worse, it doesn't get rid of it else I wouldn't be talking about this. There was a time before the Scourge-Myst, I can verify that myself. It's possible that it's from the land in the Vale beyond where the Rattleboxes are, but as you would surmise we can't exactly just take a walk out to the mountains because of the Rattleboxes.

Anyways, for the "pink mist" Nick saw we need to think about that immediately, and if possible take a strong group out to find it, find the nodule heart, and destroy it before it's the Towering Greatpines -> Desecrated Greatpines story all over again. That one is sad, and I don't like it.
Or just Thorn is ok
Tempest Sylph of the Vale of Dusk
Ash

Re: The Scourge-Myst

Post by Ash »

OAKY BEACON WE'RE ALL GONNA HAVE TO SUIT UP AND DEAL WITH THE MYST THANK YOU

So I found where the nodule heart is....more or less. I may be adventurous but I'm not reckless! I cannot do this alone or with a small group, there's too many and I don't want anyone else ground into paste in front of me (Sorry Gregor!)

It's in an old farmhouse, covered in vines and thorns (not me) and it's got some weird shambling plant creatures in it. There's also corrupted creatures twisted by the Myst inside. I'm gonna guess that the heart is in there but we won't know til we're there to find it.

I'd like to think about this as soon as possible, that way we will be ready for the fight when the winds clear the Myst enough to go there.

(Ooc it's a field battle get all y'all in here <3)
Or just Thorn is ok
Dylan Coffey

Post by Dylan Coffey »

I will be happy to lend my tactical mind to this. It may be wise for us to consider an impromptu ritual and/or wondermaking ritual to help inure our forces against the Myst's effects.
????

posts from before November 2019
---
Moonlight Tiger
Grandmaster of the Five-Element Supreme Sword Skill
First Disciple of the Void Moon Reflection Style
Student of the Mt. Infinity School
Clay Road Wanderer
Sean Harley

Post by Sean Harley »

The denizens of the Vale have shown a marked dislike for items and weapons made of metal, firearms especially. Is that going to be problem with fighting this thing, specifically do we think metal and mechanical weapons/armor/abilities will strengthen it, be less effective against whatever this is, incite rage, etc, in whatever this is?
Nick D'Angelo
C.A.R.E. Founder and CEO, CPA
Alice Dodd

Post by Alice Dodd »

Sean Harley wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:15 pm The denizens of the Vale have shown a marked dislike for items and weapons made of metal, firearms especially. Is that going to be problem with fighting this thing, specifically do we think metal and mechanical weapons/armor/abilities will strengthen it, be less effective against whatever this is, incite rage, etc, in whatever this is?
A Sylph may correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't the rattleboxes made of metal?
Ash

Post by Ash »

It's the rattleboxes that are made of metal, they don't have anything to do with the Scourge Myst. I don't know if shooting the nodule with a gun vs a bow or a thrown weapon will make a difference, we can add it to the thinking part!
Or just Thorn is ok
Ash

Post by Ash »

And the nodule heart is more like a...what did someone call it when I explained it....like a tumor? It's not "having feelings and doing stuff" alive, not even "grrr hiss" alive just kinda like "....." alive like some plants.

Granted getting infected by the myst makes the animals around very angry and hostile, but that's not the nodule heart.
Or just Thorn is ok
Ash

Post by Ash »

We did it!

No losses, tactics good, yall are great!

also i hate to admit it but but guns are kind of good at stuff :/
Or just Thorn is ok