Red Raptors vs Blue Banshees

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
Ash

Red Raptors vs Blue Banshees

Post by Ash »

Okay I got sucked into this and had to watch Iseurei dissolve into a pile of nothing because there's been some kind of escalating conflict between two teams for a game. A game that is just a game. Me, Juniper, Velatrix, Havok, Gregor, and Hessia had to answer questions about our homeworlds, and if we got literally one wrong the punishments STARTED with a wither. Iseurei paid her own pinions to take all the punishments on to her self and save Havok, Gregor, and Hessia from suffering. Between all of us we spent well over 100 pinions avoiding failing the questions because someone else in town previously had paid to see the next group punished for some reason??

Since me, Juniper and Velatrix didn't get any wrong, we could decide on a punishment for the Blue Banshees team and we had the choice of making you all basically completely unable to defend yourselves in whatever next challenge awaits you. We did not choose that, we chose was was probably the least bad option.

This violence for a game has to stop, or at least needs to be done within Beacon. We can kill each other for free, and not for the entertainment of some disembodied voice from beyond.

I want whoever associates to the Blue Banshee team to look at Iseurei next time they see her, and imagine her screaming in so much pain and agony and melting into nothingness while her screams still echo. Remember all the times she has put your limbs back on, or given you fire to defend us, and remember that you paid some cruel person to Wither her for not knowing where a city was on a map.

You paid someone to Wither Havok for not knowing what AAAA stood for.

You paid someone to Wither Hessia for not knowing a specific combat strategy.

You paid someone to Wither Gregor for not knowing a thing I didn't hear him get wrong because I was busy rescuing a frog.

What is wrong with you people?
Or just Thorn is ok
Tempest Sylph of the Vale of Dusk
Alice Dodd

Re: Red Raptors vs Blue Banshees

Post by Alice Dodd »

To my knowledge, a Wither has never been an OPTION before. Normally, the things you can pay for, to my understanding, are things like:

-You'll be fighting robots next time!
-There will be fire!
-Arrows will be flying from holes in the wall.

And the fact that it was a quiz show is also strange. Under normal circumstances, it's an obstacle course. And you're paying to put more obstacles in the other's way, with the promise of more reward if they succeed, because you've made it harder. They don't normally let you pay pinions to avoid mistakes, either.

This may be an anomaly. And possibly even related to the Entity interfering with this... normally Tetujin architectural site, I believe?

Edit: I think it's actually Solar in nature, if I recall correctly. The Entity wouldn't be able to interfere with Tetujin stuff, I think.
Alice Dodd

Post by Alice Dodd »

https://gardenofdestinieslarp.com/forum ... php?p=3394

I did some digging, and found it. So I was incorrect, Withers HAVE been an option.

However... I do still think this has been hijacked by the Entity. It's ordinarily some sort of obstacle course, for something called the... Defrag? It's a cost-sink for Pinions, apparently, and there is a prize for the team that manages to get to the end.

Of those involved and ready, it does seem that only Gloria and Celeste are still around in The Garden, and this... Enduring Pine person, who I'm only hearing of today. So the Defrag are a people, it's their temple, and it has some connection to the Beta and the Alpha.
Sam Marshall

Post by Sam Marshall »

Sanakht grant you insight towards these mysteries,

The inclusion of the ability to pay to try again started with Havok, and I believe it was due to him being stuck between two answers. I do not know if this is a thing that may see a return, as the Temple has specifically stated that we were here to die for entertainment, not answer questions for such.
When I was very new, I had previously gone with others as we attempted to follow a light-based rhythm, while the rest of the group had to survive an indestructible entity that was trying to kill them. Upon the end of this event, we were told that that Blue Banshees had a climbing puzzle ahead, and that we would be able to empower a fire bird to wither its victims. This was successfully argued down, as that was considered to be too extreme.

The temple will not stop until one team dies in its entirety. I do not know if that means that the team that perishes will be permanently gone, or until one team fails and all dies in the same challenge. But it will be making things harder for us as we continue. We do not need to make it unsurvivable.

Blue Banshees, I do not know if you knew precisely how dangerous you made things. The temple's Morality and concept of death are different from ours, so it could simply view a wither as a painful punishment, not as a life-threatening condition. However, this is a warning. When you call goes out for you, there will be danger. Keep both melee and ranged weapons with you, as I believe one of the two will be disabled during the next competition. While the two teams are competing, there are no rules about warning the other team of what is to come.

As for the concept of the money being paid into it, remember that many people do not have the same amount of funds. I was able to pay for a multiple choice question, but I had to borrow money from Hessia to intercede in the punishment. Originally, I was going to use the funds to attempt to correct my mistake (not differentiating between a hole, a Crack, and a portal to the underworld), and so Hessia was unaware of what I would come to use it on.. I usually have less than twenty pinions at one time, as I believe the money can be spent to help others rather than simply making me jingle when I walk, but I know others have different uses for their money. Imagine if others had been pulled in there, people who had less than ten pinions each. There would be no multiple choice, no second guesses, and no redirection of punishment.

This temple will kill people, even if we don't empower it. I could see if I could ask a very sweet friend of mine if they know any way we could protect ourselves against it, as they do have a considerable amount of skill in these matters, but this can get much, much worse. If the temple wants a show, we should give it one, and our show should be our two teams rising up, making each other better, and protecting each other against its cruel games of pain.

May Neferkara bring peace to your minds and hearts,
Iseurei, acolyte of Menkaura
kenneth_wright

Post by kenneth_wright »

Forgive me if this is an ignorant question, but if this thing's killing people, shouldn't we NOT interact with it, or better yet destroy it?

Antonio Galletti
aka The Door
aka Two-Tone Tony
aka Time Out Tony
Alice Dodd

Post by Alice Dodd »

So, I'll address a few things here based on the previous questions.
kenneth_wright wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:42 pm Forgive me if this is an ignorant question, but if this thing's killing people, shouldn't we NOT interact with it, or better yet destroy it?
Firstly, we need to keep interacting with it for better or worse. Based on Eugene's investigation notes that I looked over earlier: This temple will cause harm to others unless its puzzle is solved.

And if WE do not gird ourselves and become part of these teams, and play along with it, others who may not be so well equipped to handle it might be drawn into it. Beacon can handle a tough jumping puzzle, an obstacle course, a rough fight, or yes, a quiz show, because we're a very multi-talented and multi-cultural group of people.

Farmer Joe and Sally the painter, on the other hand, may not do so well.

I don't know that we can field much ability to understand it wholly, let alone destroy it. But if such a time comes, sounds like a good idea to me.
Sam Marshall wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:26 pm Sanakht grant you insight towards these mysteries,

The inclusion of the ability to pay to try again started with Havok, and I believe it was due to him being stuck between two answers. I do not know if this is a thing that may see a return, as the Temple has specifically stated that we were here to die for entertainment, not answer questions for such.
When I was very new, I had previously gone with others as we attempted to follow a light-based rhythm, while the rest of the group had to survive an indestructible entity that was trying to kill them. Upon the end of this event, we were told that that Blue Banshees had a climbing puzzle ahead, and that we would be able to empower a fire bird to wither its victims. This was successfully argued down, as that was considered to be too extreme.

The temple will not stop until one team dies in its entirety. I do not know if that means that the team that perishes will be permanently gone, or until one team fails and all dies in the same challenge. But it will be making things harder for us as we continue. We do not need to make it unsurvivable.
The Defrag are the source of this, and there is a force interfering and interceding on behalf of or to the detriment of the participants. If I had to hazard a guess, it would be to make things more entertaining. This is why we are able to make it more challenging for each other. If we don't spice it up our way, they'll spice it up for us. But, as you said, it does not need to become unsurvivable.

I don't know exactly who the Defrag are, but they have some relation to the Beta, and the Alpha especially. I'd ask anyone who has information regarding these parties to speak up if they can.
Ash

Post by Ash »

I'm just very mad that Withering your friends was an option that someone in this town willingly accepted.

We were able to ask questions about the punishments.

We negotiated them.

We in the A rank could have made it where you could only use guns, and if you couldn't use a gun you would have been defenseless, and slaughtered wholesale. We instead negotiated it to where you'd be able to use your ability to fight but with a gun, after a brief period of melee weapons being usable but ineffective.

I do not know what Havok Gregor Hessia and Iseurei chose.

If you're wondering why I was not so outwardly upset by this at the gather, no one would or could say who was a Blue Banshee, thus there was no outlet to wonder who Withers their friends.
Or just Thorn is ok
Tempest Sylph of the Vale of Dusk
Sam Marshall

Post by Sam Marshall »

May Userkaf grant us the sight to see through misunderstandings in this matter,

I believe that it is possible that the Blue Banshees were not aware that the punishment would be withering, but were simply told that it would be something painful. It was, technically. Extremely so. As we have said, the Temple does not act in good faith when it sees the chance for what it considers to be entertainment.

Given that the A team had already set the difficulty for the Banshees, the rest of the teams chose the minor rewards (things such as a magical ward, or a single additional charge) so as to not cause the Banshees undue harm. If the Firearms will be available, perhaps those who believe that they may be taken by the Temple recieve a quick introduction to Firearms, so that they have a good chance of survival? I know that, were I one of the Banshees, everyone would wish for me to know what I was doing... sorry again for almost shooting some people in the head, I did not know what the lever actually did.

Inanna keep our minds in balance,
Iseurei, acolyte of Menkaura

Addendum: I will endeavor to ask Dithra about the Temple when I see them next. Please, do not inform them of what happened to me, I do not wish them to worry.