Lenny and Crisis Resuscitation Protocol

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
Abby Peterson

Lenny and Crisis Resuscitation Protocol

Post by Abby Peterson »

Lenny Jones was originally from the City (CvI) and most recently of Falconspire Hollow.
He was attacked and killed, possibly by Reaved and Lost committing murders in town.
His soul found a TAC user, who took pity on him when he probably shouldn't have, as the user was at Paradox 4 when he activated Crisis Resuscitation Protocol.
What became of the TAC user is completely unknown. Lenny doesn't know.
Lenny woke up in a trunk at a roadside theatre, which was empty and began walking.
An individual skilled in TAC or Artificing or Academics can study how to remove the soul from the doll and put it back into 'himself'.
Research is needed to figure out how to do that, though. His stuffing will act as DNA for a TAC ressurection.
The puppet/doll can be 'killed' by decapitation or disassembly until it can no longer move under it's own power, but Lenny will be aware of himself coming apart and it will be extremely traumatizing; long term mental trauma.
The current puppet form is causing him the effects of memory and mental facilities loss and existential crisis, as he has an addictive personality and can no longer feel anything, eat or drink anything, and has no need to sleep or breathe.
Lenny is currently a magical item, but not an artifact.
He's currently staying with Nick because CARE is a good place for him - anywhere where he's not treated like a doll or puppet, but a person, will help him keep himself for longer.
We should not attempt to resurrect him while he is still a 'non-dead' puppet.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
Abby Peterson

Re: Lenny and Crisis Resuscitation Protocol

Post by Abby Peterson »

It took some digging, but here's what I got:
TAC started all this with Lenny, but using TAC to try and reverse it will be bad. Exponential damage compounding the issue.

So what can we try?
Any form of Divine Intervention would work, and each source has its benefits and drawbacks.

First up, the ones that seem less than favorable and that we likely won't try:
  • As much as he's City sourced, The Lady’s methods area risky, random.
  • Lenny's likely not gonna live up the moral guidelines The Annead prefer.
  • The Hyperion is a complete unknown and might not even have 'human' in its settings
  • A Pure from Magi City Prime could do it. If they wanted to. If we indulged their whims. Hard pass.
  • The Machinations of Synthesis actually came up as a big winner, but there’s no practitioners left so, that is not possible.
  • Our best bets - (TLDR, I'm favoring the last one)
  • The Brother or the Sister might be persuaded to "add Lenny to the mix' if called upon to animate homunculus body, stiched together by a healer of enough skill. It'll get him out of the puppet body and into something with nerve endings again, but it's still gonna be real bad for his mental health.
  • Did some interesting reading on The Nameless God(dess) of the Principalities. Turns out, if there was a recently dead body, they'd likely be able to bring Lenny’s soul into it. Less mental damage than the "sew people together" plan, though he's have some pretty solid body dysmorphia.
  • The Author-of-All will work pretty well for this, according to my research. They're a sucker for a good story, and this one's been a doozy for Lenny. Rather than whatever paradoxical alternate reality caused this puppet version of reality to occur, the Author could be persuaded to step in and bring Lenny back to his "canon state". He'll end up with a Motif he didn't start with, but I like that a lot better than the alternatives.
So, Arcadians - Ideas anybody?

---
Oh, one more thing that came up, which may end up being handy. In some notes about the Davish and the Wrothac (a debate about the nature of death versus True Death, as they would call it) there was mention of “masters of illusion.” It's something fey tied up to those two groups. It won't work for bringing Lenny back, but it might be a useful anesthetic to keep his brain busy with a convincing distraction, if the plan ends up meaning we have to take apart the puppet.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
Dylan Coffey

Post by Dylan Coffey »

Two questions come to mind for me, here:

1) What are the Machinations of Synthesis? I am unfamiliar with this Power.

2) Of what significance is this fellow? I do not mean to be callous, but it is a matter of logistical feasibility as to if we are able to marshal something on the level of a Greater Working to call for Intercession to save a single unfortunate soul.
????

posts from before November 2019
---
Moonlight Tiger
Grandmaster of the Five-Element Supreme Sword Skill
First Disciple of the Void Moon Reflection Style
Student of the Mt. Infinity School
Clay Road Wanderer
Alice Dodd

Post by Alice Dodd »

There are plenty of mages with more time and power than sense or funds, and everything has a price. Find someone bored enough and they'll be keen on giving something like this a shot.

Also some people are just kind like that, but I'm less likely to bank on that kindness and more inclined to think that there's someone out there with some magic about to expire and who's just ITCHING to use it on something.

A few pinions, the promise of an interesting time, a good drink, I'm sure something can be worked out.
kenneth_wright

Post by kenneth_wright »

Dylan Coffey wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:36 am Two questions come to mind for me, here:

1) What are the Machinations of Synthesis? I am unfamiliar with this Power.

2) Of what significance is this fellow? I do not mean to be callous, but it is a matter of logistical feasibility as to if we are able to marshal something on the level of a Greater Working to call for Intercession to save a single unfortunate soul.
The Machinations of Synthesis is the Cosmic Power behind the animation and bestowing of souls on the Clockwerkin and other automatons from their world. It is presumed Lost due to every previous user going missing or found dead.

It's less about correcting the path of "a single unfortunate soul" and more about righting a wrong in a tangible way that could provide answers; after all, if there's a mad TAC user out there causing paradoxical effects on passersby, Lenny could only be one of the many victims of this person, and the last thing we need is Carl, Maeda, and possibly Janet being up in our business because of a bad actor, or conscripting more of our number to hunt this person down.
Eugene Tyler, TAC Engineer and Lead Tech Researcher, Sekret, Terranfall
Master of Tetujin Tech, Beacon, The Gardens
Medical Professional Resident, Beacon, The Gardens
Graduate of the Lore of Subtle Weapons
Expert Arcane Philosopher
Abby Peterson

Post by Abby Peterson »

Hey,

I mentioned it to Sebastian, but if anyone is willing to help me find someone who can actually talk to The Author (in whatever capacity that means) about this, it would be much appreciated. The sooner the better.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
Bailey Jordan

Post by Bailey Jordan »

can you....... send the author a letter?
or.... write them a book? idk
Sean Harley

Post by Sean Harley »

I tried the first one. We'll see if it works. Pobably better to get a Soothsayer to do it though.
Nick D'Angelo
C.A.R.E. Founder and CEO, CPA
Abby Peterson

Post by Abby Peterson »

I've made a deal for help from Lady Shalott. It is a personal transaction and did not use any of the town's resources or social favors. When she comes into town for this in the future, grab Nick or I, preferably both.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire