Zahri, Genetic Researcher in the Lagoon

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
kenneth_wright

Zahri, Genetic Researcher in the Lagoon

Post by kenneth_wright »

To the best of my recollection, here's an overview into our encounter with Zahri in the Lagoon; if anyone who went there with me remembers differently or can fill gaps in what I recall, please contribute:
  • Zahri is a genetic hybrid between human and various gilled and amphibious creatures that live in the Lagoon; she stated that she is of Terranfall, but that she does not use TAC.
  • Zahri stated she has a lab with various machines of unspecified make under the waters of the Lagoon, where she does her experiments with genetics and grafting of genetic sequences on living creatures.
  • It is suspected, but not actually proven, that Zahri is powerful enough to take on an entire team of fighters solo, and only allowed us entry and speaking privileges because we did not present an immediate threat to her or her domain.
  • While we were there, we observed that she had captured what we presumed to be a Moderation extremist (or Teetotaler) and had cocooned them for genetic experimentation processing; Zahri claimed that the captured person had dumped an unspecified but sizable amount of Stardust into the Lagoon in order to destroy it, which had caused harm to several plants and animals nearing the dumping ground.
  • After getting Zahri's permission, Sagacious Hawthorne, Lady Ember, and Laughing Camilla performed a Freestyle Science to extract what Stardust they still could from the Lagoon, recovering three vials of the compound.
  • While Zarhi was occupied with the trio, I took samples from her cocooned quarry, made notes on her work, and inoculated the poor sod against Reaver's Disease, which seemed to slightly upset Zahri and caused Gideon to play diplomatic keep-away to allow us an opportunity to leave gracefully.
  • It appears from behavioral analysis done in the immediate aftermath of our encounter that Zahri was attempting to mimic Spooky's appearance and mannerisms observed from her earlier (downtime) visit to the Lagoon, and that this is her relearning how to integrate and communicate with those outside the Lagoon.
  • Added note of observation from my POV: I had asked Zahri about using Paradox for genetic splicing, to which we were told Zahri did not use TAC; this was something we had encountered previously with a TAC scientist who tried using bee DNA to "home" back to Terranfall, who in the process lost access to TAC while holding Paradox and is the reason Med-R pays people in Human Honey. So while Zahri may not have TAC now, further probing is needed to see if she is telling the truth or if the truth is lost to her due to separation between the event that made her what she is and her meeting with Spooky.
Eugene Tyler, TAC Engineer and Lead Tech Researcher, Sekret, Terranfall
Master of Tetujin Tech, Beacon, The Gardens
Medical Professional Resident, Beacon, The Gardens
Graduate of the Lore of Subtle Weapons
Expert Arcane Philosopher