The Music Box Wellspring and the Nightmare Inside It

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
Abby Peterson

The Music Box Wellspring and the Nightmare Inside It

Post by Abby Peterson »

This thing is a damn problem.

I don't deal with Wellsprings a lot, but apparently the little music box with the ballerina with a face made of teeth has been around for awhile.
People messed with it, had a creepy vision, then felt less Fearful the next time shit hit the fan.
It appeared next to my briefcase and it looked off, so I checked it out.
It was a child's bedroom with eyes watching me and a voice calling my name. Like I said, creepy. I've had worse visions, though.

Except:
Investigating this thing shows that a monster lives inside of it; is trapped, in fact. If the ballerina is ever not in the music box, the fucking thing has gotten out.

It feeds on fear and sometimes drags people into visions or nightmares of it chasing them to kill them. They just have to hide and endure the fear until they can get out of the other side. And that's kept it contained until now.
Someone on the outside is helping this thing get out of the prison. That's why the Wellspring gave no benefit this time. The monster is getting strong enough where it doesn't have to bribe us for our fear anymore.

The next time it drags people away, the experience will be more intense and horrifying, to reflect the change of strength. We have to figure out a way to keep it locked away and who the fuck is helping it get out.

The only way to slow it down would be to feed it a huge meal; innocent helpless people who would have to go willingly to it, with no defenses to its terrorizing.
I have no idea how that would affect them or if it would work if, during the next nightmare, someone were to just step out of hiding unarmed and let it have them. Hell, I don't know if it would try for the more innocent people or if the ones with the most demons would work better.

We need more information. Soon.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire