Agent Simon T. Slater

This is for in-character discussions about the game.
Abby Peterson

Agent Simon T. Slater

Post by Abby Peterson »

Interesting fellow. Writes things down about as much as I do.

No, seriously. He wrote the book on himself. Or, at least, I found this note in some his files I was working with:
"Hello Reader,
I have compiled every moment of my life to the best of my knowledge. My parents made me to be as a fire in this world. In order for you not to fear this fire you must understand and respect it. I hope that through viewing my life I can lead those who come after me to walk the better path.

To those who seek to use this to end me - look closely within. I have no secrets. Just know that the scale only tips two ways. If you break the law I will bring you in or put you in the ground. Don’t make a foolish decision.

Simon T. Slater"

To be honest here, I'm not gonna lay the man's whole life out here. Firstly, because some of this data isn't relevant and a person should have some privacy in their life, whether they believe in keeping it in the shadows or not. Secondly, because I'm seeing some similarities between myself and this guy and it's touched a nerve.

The Past:
  • He grew up with this idea of Justinia, a god of Justice that opposed Fortuna.
  • He refused a bribe and refused to be drummed out of law enforcement when a Fat Cat put on the pressure.
  • He may have found something to fit his faith, because there are reports of him taking on the Fat Cat's forces with an artifact flaming sword and a bloody blind fold in his off hand. There are no reports of him using a gun.
  • The Fat Cat didn't make it and Slater ended up in the Garden.
The Present:
  • He is very well connected and well liked by the more law-focused parts of The Garden/Crossroads. The Scarecrows of Battery City, Laissez-Faire's R.L.P.D. (Repossession and Loss Prevention Department), Republic soldiers, and several more groups just like him.
  • I'm seeing a lot of reports just shorthanded "The Congregation work effort". Anyone know what this is referencing? Either way, it got him respect and allies.
  • He's using that to enforce the laws of wherever he has his attention focused at the time.
The Man:
  • Reviewing his catches and other efforts, it looks like his straight forwardness is one of his biggest strengths. The people he chases try to plan around him or manipulate a situation to undermine or weaken him. It's like fuel on a fire - when this happens he just attacks harder and harder until he can get his hand on someone to bring them to jail or until the person or problem trying to get away from him is dead.
Additional Data:
  • He carries with him several bombs and potions.
  • His preferred fight is to be outnumbered; it seems he has enchantments that assist him when this happens.
  • An external monologue seems to be part of this enchantment style as well.
  • He couldn't stand up to all of town, but it wouldn't be pretty. See my next point.
  • I don't know how anyone got this information, but he's got a dead man’s switch. When he dies something will happen and the report is very vague Could be one of three things - A transmutation to his body, a summoning ritual for a creature to avenge him, or a massive explosion. No confirmation further on this is possible without an autopsy.
Now, that's what I found, based on people telling me that I should look into the guy.
Anyone want to tell me more about why I'm digging up his well-labeled bones?
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
Anna S

Re: Agent Simon T. Slater

Post by Anna S »

Oh hey, I fought that guy, dudes a beast. He crashed a party and left with the Don in handcuffs and only didn't arrest us because I asked very nicely.
Abby Peterson

Post by Abby Peterson »

Anna S wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:59 am Oh hey, I fought that guy, dudes a beast. He crashed a party and left with the Don in handcuffs and only didn't arrest us because I asked very nicely.
Well, Fuck.

I'm gonna try and grab you for more on that later.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire
Abby Peterson

Post by Abby Peterson »

Update:
He's finding others like him and is putting together some kind of team of like-minded types to increase the range of their brand of justice.
Gloria Callaghan
PI for Hire